Thunderdome Round 3

It started when I wanted a little more movement in the 160gal, a few smaller fish wasn't cutting it so I headed to madness's place. Got a sweet Male Trimac, threw him in and he was immediately beat on. Put the divider up and offloaded the Bleekeri, then picked up Female Trimac #1. They where alright on their side of the tank until the morning, I noticed some nasty body shots on her. Not having enough divider material I ran to Mcclendons, that took me no more than 45mins. Came back and she was floating nose down with little in the way of scales. Needless to say she passed that night. Shawn, being as awesome as he is hooked it up with another perfectly sized female in which she went straight into a 3-way divided tank, away from the male. Well after coming home yesterday from a day up in Sequim the divider to her side was perfectly angled open and again, another female floating nose down. Damn cichlids! So today my plan is to end the 160 thunderdome. I am going to pull all the dividers and let the Polleni, Butikoferi and Male Trimac sort dominance out on their own without my intervention, whatever happens, happens! :nutkick:

Just another adventure in the cichlid world!

Madness

Staff member
Damn, that is some bad luck. Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can try your luck with some fry.

Cause my male and female just spawned last night. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Those are some tough fish to have get along. Sometimes its a lot of trail and error until you find the right match of fish.

DMD123 said:
Those are some tough fish to have get along. Sometimes its a lot of trail and error until you find the right match of fish.
Isn't that the truth! Well the plan for the 2nd female was to keep her divided until she got comfortable in the tank, then crack the divider open a little bit for short periods while I was watching until they eventually got together. Didn't even get time to try that! I am going to move the growouts for the 325 to the 160 and do it oldschool with a bunch of small ones. That being said, Put me down for 6-8 fry Madness! You got that Barry White water madness lol

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember your 160 being an octagon :ibox: ....I am interested to see which fish takes the lead in there. good luck

The rectangle, old west showdown style lol Going to put those three up for sale or take them to AP if they don't go on here then grab those lyonsi from you for the growout and let the current little monsters run wild in the big tank!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
what are you asking for the pollini and butti and the trimac?, if that pollini really was getting along well with the bleekeri, i might be interested ( i need to unload all of these africans first though)