Thinking about converting :)

nick_76

heres pics http://www.wafishbox.com/t7710-my-discus-tanks
the pair on top lay eggs about every 6 days or so. the current clutch of eggs has been on the leaf for about 48 hrs or so right now, soooo...if the mom doesn't decide she wants sushi tomorrow, oppefully ill have wigglers in the tank when I get home....
she tends to eat her young though

gobluecichlids

Kings discus in chinatown has some of the nicest collection of discus you can check out. He changes water twice a day. Maybe expensive, but just to get an idea to set your goals.

Frequent water changes is something I would not be thrilled about doing it..

nick_76

I do my changes every 3 days when im not busy....I tend to slip up sometimes and have gone as long as a week and a half...they aren't too picky or fragile, at least I don't see them to be more so than any other fish, but they do like consistency.

as far as baby discus, I really haven't had time to commit to make sure they are successful..i let them do what they gotta do in the community tank, and if I get young...well, great but I have no where for them to grow out

kings discus is really good in that most stores may have a few discus...one or two of each variant that they have, kings may have several tanks full of the same variant, so you have a lot more leeway to be picky- like I mentioned, temperament is as important to me as appearance and you never see that at some places where there may be only one or two discus in a tank

InfamousRedlineZ

Yeah I always do water changes for my tank so it won't be a problem. :) The longest I ever went without changing water was a week normally every a week. Normally change every 3 days