They all don't have to be cichlids

Madness

Staff member
Meet my Raphael catfish. No he doesn't have a name. :) but he is my oldest fish at about 10 years.

This will be the start of my bottom feeder thread. Soon the fish room will be adding several clown loaches, a tank of aggressive loaches (when i can get my hands on them again) and plecos. 20201030_151741.jpg 20201030_151709.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I like that it is not a fatty. The Raphael can get to look like they swallowed a golf ball, lol. I just picked up my first Raphael cat and it turned out not the be a "Raphael" at all, it was a Orinocodoras eigenmanni or an Orninoco talking catfish. Looks close but with an elongated nose.

Look forward to the update pics!

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Meet my Raphael catfish. No he doesn't have a name. :) but he is my oldest fish at about 10 years.

This will be the start of my bottom feeder thread. Soon the fish room will be adding several clown loaches, a tank of aggressive loaches (when i can get my hands on them again) and plecos. View attachment 6836 View attachment 6837

I have 2 yoyo loaches and a candy stripe loach you can have. Im tired of them harassing the other fish.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Unfortunately those 3 loaches are considered quite peaceful compared to the ones I want. Thank you, but I will have to pass. :)

:eek: There are worse? I have had botia botia which are pure deamon spawn but this current batch of yo-yos are too. I had 4 plus the candy stripe and the aggression level was so high 2 jumped out. I tried adding 2 dojo loaches to the 55g that housed just one yo-yo and that only lasted a couple hours because the dojo’s weren’t given a moments peace. The candy and a yo-yo live in the planted 90g but I see them constantly fighting.

Madness

Staff member
Yes.. LOL.

The
Syncrossus beauforti Tiger Botia
Syncrossus berdmorei Blyth's Loach, Tiger Botia
Syncrossus helodes Banded Tiger loach
Syncrossus hymenophysa Green Tiger Loach
Syncrossus reversa Botia reversa

as well as
Yasuhikotakia caudipunctata Speckletail loach
Yasuhikotakia eos Sun Loach
Yasuhikotakia lecontei Silver Loach, Yellow-finned Loach
Yasuhikotakia longidorsalis Botia longidorsalis
Yasuhikotakia modesta Botia modesta,Red Finned Loach, Red Tailed Botia
Yasuhikotakia morleti Skunk loach

These 2 species are very aggressive and mean. Very enjoyable when you have 12 plus of each one.

My last time with these I had 15 of the Syncrossus Berdmorei, 5 Syncrossus helodes, 12 Yasuhikotakia Modesta and 12 of the Yasuhikotakia morleti. Awesome how they develop the hierarchy and how the rest just interact.