The perpetual Craigslist tanks, lol

Chiisai

How about being on the other side of the fence? Your selling a tank... Say a 55gal. You post its tank only or maybe with a hood, and people ask about the fish inside or what filters come with it. Whe you say such and such ONLY and then people ask for what else... Pretty frustrating. A while back i was selling some 10gals with hoods that had working lights. Was selling em for $5 each someone asked if they bought 5 would i take $15.... Maybe its just me but if i am selling ANY tank in good or great condition for $0.50/gal i find it insulting to try to low ball me.

A

Anonymous

Chiisai said:
How about being on the other side of the fence? Your selling a tank... Say a 55gal. You post its tank only or maybe with a hood, and people ask about the fish inside or what filters come with it. Whe you say such and such ONLY and then people ask for what else... Pretty frustrating. A while back i was selling some 10gals with hoods that had working lights. Was selling em for $5 each someone asked if they bought 5 would i take $15.... Maybe its just me but if i am selling ANY tank in good or great condition for $0.50/gal i find it insulting to try to low ball me.

Low ballers - gotta love em!

Chiisai

Oh look posting from aquarium co-op on craigslist for $1 nothing in the ad is for that price. Go ahead fish... Let him have it! Lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Chiisai said:
Oh look posting from aquarium co-op on craigslist for $1 nothing in the ad is for that price. Go ahead fish... Let him have it! Lol
A bit different since there is an entire store being advertised in most cases and I bet we could find at least one item for a dollar or less. ;)

MRTom

I also noticed aquarium zen advertised on there the same way too. Would be nice if stores posted their sales on there... then again that might backfire! (what with all us bargain hunters on the prowl!)

bassetman

As a buyer you should always offer a bit less than you expect to pay. As a seller you should always ask a bit more than you expect to get. It is called bargaining can be fun . This way everyone should end up with a decent price.

MRTom

Agreed, but "a bit less" and "a bit more" are so subjective that they let us have crazy drama watching fun. It is always interesting to watch people who think "a bit" is 1% over/under arguing with people who think a bit is $100 over/under regardless of base price. In the end, no one agrees and Craigslist Crazies threads like this start :)

And that's not to mention the people who set their price and then won't budge!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I had to bring this one up because I just thought it was funny...
They say 'sex sells' so a sexy wallpaper should have sold this tank a long time ago... :roll:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/fuo/4677033473.html
00909_jzJSGKWffFb_600x450.jpg

dwarfpike

DMD123 said:
Maybe its me but when I see the tank had been set up without proper support, I just move on because I see a future leaker...

Nope, it's not just you. Right there with ya.