The perpetual Craigslist tanks, lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
So if you are like me you look on Craigslist to find that awesome deal. Im waiting for my new 300 gallon for a dollar. Ive been in the hobby long enough to see what I call perpetual tanks that pop up. They just always resurface, because we all know they want too much money or they are just trash.

Here is one example, I have seen it up months ago and its back.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/4666198405.html
00d0d_dkmyuNuq9w_600x450.jpg

Really $650 for a 40 gallon tank? Yeah if you throw 'reef in there you will get it.... maybe if you filled it full of 'reefer' because you are stoned!

Anyone else with perpetual tanks they have spotted?

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
So if you are like me you look on Craigslist to find that awesome deal. Im waiting for my new 300 gallon for a dollar. Ive been in the hobby long enough to see what I call perpetual tanks that pop up. They just always resurface, because we all know they want too much money or they are just trash.

Here is one example, I have seen it up months ago and its back.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/4666198405.html
00d0d_dkmyuNuq9w_600x450.jpg

Really $650 for a 40 gallon tank? Yeah if you throw 'reef in there you will get it.... maybe if you filled it full of 'reefer' because you are stoned!

Anyone else with perpetual tanks they have spotted?

Dude.... That's my ad.

A

Anonymous

Jk!! - But remember, we have had that happen in the past, LOL! Do you remember? Someone starts a thread ranting about a CL add. Only to have the OP be a member.... oh what a messy thread that was....DOH!

A

Anonymous

:scratch: - I think I remember the post. It was about a big fish on CL for like $300. Y'all started doggn' on it. The OP was a member, jumped in the thread and it got pretty bad from there....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fishNAbowl said:
Jk!! - But remember, we have had that happen in the past, LOL! Do you remember? Someone starts a thread ranting about a CL add. Only to have the OP be a member.... oh what a messy thread that was....DOH!
Not trying to start trouble but some of these tanks we have all seen awhile....

A

Anonymous

I've gone rounds with these type people searching for aquariums and supplies, cars, and motorcycles. It's actually quite common and super annoying!

Why? There are many reasons. Person is trying to recoup loss. Person dosent research. My favorite is "I am not lowering price. Someone will buy it...." . That's when you start seeing the same add for months. These are patient hunters figuring some poor sucker with a hole to burn will come along and pay the crazy price.

anthony

Why are you guys bashing my ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where else are you gonna get a treasure chest and a fish tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't laugh when I sell it!!!!! Cheapskates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The ones that really make me laugh are the tanks you can tell came from the $1 per gallon sales at Petco and then are being resold at pretty much full retail that the tanks normally go for.

A

Anonymous

WOW!

SOMEONE must be buying them or they wouldn't try reselling them. That's messed up...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Other little things that irk me...

Posting a $1 as the price when NOTHING in the listing is ONE DOLLAR

Selling the tank with GIANT fish that they have no clue how to get rid of (Pacu & BIG pleco's)

Selling a "NEW" tank thats only been set up once. (That by definition is USED)

Asking hundreds or thousands and NOT providing a picture...

Person not able to tell you measurements on tank, but it bigger than a breadbox and smaller than a VW bug

Anything like that that irks you?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lol, which one? the one on the glass shelves of the one hanging way over unsupported?
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/gms/4663452205.html
00303_2xcNNV1Ci3V_600x450.jpg

00x0x_6qCWOMV7VeH_600x450.jpg

Ive seen tanks Ive been interested in and when I see things like that I dont even bother because I feel like it is a ticking time bomb and I would end up with some horrible leaker.