The newest pet! :D

lars on

Today while driving up to home depot to get some eggcrate for the SW we were driving up the hill, and I swerved to avoid hitting what I thought was a dead bird in the road. I went over him and wasnt really surprised when one of its wings flew up, I figured from the gust of the car. So I slow down and it starts bouncing across the road!!

So we flip around and sis runs out and grabs em. He cant fly right now but mom is letting us keep him until we can turn him loose into the wild ourselves, or give him over to a wildlife sanctuary.

utf-8BSU1HMDA2NjguanBn.jpg

His current home, lotsa bugs for him to eat
swallow003.jpg

protocl

i have some bird items, ill give them to you for free.
pellets - so poop can drop on.
bird toys.
a cage.

sandnuka

cool....my grandfather raised a baby raven he found once... became his pet... would follow him everywhere.... anyway, very nice of you to help him until he is ready to go back to the wild... try not to keep him too long, may forget how to fend for itself out there in the wild.

lars on

Thank you so much for the offer protocol but we arent planning on keeping him long term. :)

But the wild life sanctuary told us to PUT HIM IN THE WOODS where he cant fucking fly and leave him there, that he will fly off in a couple days to a week. He would be safer in the road then in the woods. So fuck them, were gonna make him better ourselves.

protocl

lars on said:
Thank you so much for the offer protocol but we arent planning on keeping him long term. :)

But the wild life sanctuary told us to PUT HIM IN THE WOODS where he cant fucking fly and leave him there, that he will fly off in a couple days to a week. He would be safer in the road then in the woods. So fuck them, were gonna make him better ourselves.
do whats best from your heart. humane approach always starts with being human.

^this is what THEY should have said.

lars on

we went and got him a cage from waalmart, i say "cage" loosely. It ended up being like not even half the size of what he is in now, so returning that tomorrow with a note to the next people who buy it for a poor bird.

But Protocol I was wondering how big your cage was, and where you are located. I can give ya 20$ or some fish stuff for the bird supplies.

protocl

lars on said:
we went and got him a cage from waalmart, i say "cage" loosely. It ended up being like not even half the size of what he is in now, so returning that tomorrow with a note to the next people who buy it for a poor bird.

But Protocol I was wondering how big your cage was, and where you are located. I can give ya 20$ or some fish stuff for the bird supplies.
im located in seatac. near the seatac airport.

better off buying from a local pet store.
but...if you ever do have the chance to prance around this side, ill either sell these items for the lowest price ever or trade for some driftwood.

up to you. if need pictures, PM me.

EDIT: based on the pictures you posted, the cage i have is large enough.

lars on

Ive got no idea where seatac is. Ill try and find something around here or on CL. But if I do ever find myself over there, might have to pick it up. Sis as decided having the swallow is making her want a parakeet.

protocl

lars on said:
Ive got no idea where seatac is. Ill try and find something around here or on CL. But if I do ever find myself over there, might have to pick it up. Sis as decided having the swallow is making her want a parakeet.
ok.

sandnuka

lars- the place you talked to told you to put the bird in the woods because, in nature, if a bird is hurt, or born deformed they die, or get eaten.... this is a cycle... now if we as humans with good hearts help every animal that is born with problems, or gets hurt, we would screw up everything.... injured birds feed predators that dont have the ability to catch healty ones.... now, you save all those, then those poor slow predators/scavanger animals would die.... kinda get what Im saying? lol.... just try not to make a habbit out of it. lol Your the best lars!

lars on

I do. But he was so cute. And I always help an animal in need, its my nature.

But Jerry ( Mom named him ), passed away an hour ago. I went and buried him in the woods.

sidekicking

Well he at least lived a long and full life...oh wait never mind
sorry lars is the circle of life cant do anything about it

lars on

I know, Im not sad about it. If he hadnt died he would never have been able to fly again, and that would have killed him.

But sis told me earlier that she took him outside in the rain and he sat on the edge of the tub and just chilled and chirped for his friends. So he got to see the outside again before he died.

CrashSmAshley

Sweet of you to take him in, but you should of left him. He was a fledgling and most young birds learn to fly by leaving the nest and staying on the ground. Parents still usually take care of them, but at least you got him off of the road. RIP