The Adventures of Bob the Shrimp

mvrck

I'd like you to meet Bob:
vtIbbR8.png

Bob cares not. I purchased Bob from Cory almost a year ago. He happily went into our 55 gallon glass tank with 11 of his friends. They had a grand old time, partying, nomming yummy food, and so forth. Then, a few months later, the dark days arrived when we got Spike. Spike was our sunfish from the native fish auction. Spike ate a lot of Bob's friends. But Bob would not be dissuaded and persevered. Soon, Bob was rescued from Spike's reign of terror, and deposited into his own 10 gallon tank with several new friends (Some Crystal Reds).

Yay Bob!
PyFjgNN.jpg

However, during the summer, due to a series of unfortunate events, the air conditioner in the apartment was out for several days, and the temperature in the tank rose steadily into the high 80's. Everything seemed fine for Bob and his friends though. However, during their next round of molts, Bob's friends did not fare so well. (I'm still not quite sure if it was the heat or something else, but we lost almost every dwarf shrimp in that tank over the course of the next two months, pretty much every single one due to what seemed to be a bad molt, but the Amanos we had in there were perfectly fine). But, still Bob persevered.

Months later, it was just Bob and Steve left. The Amano's had vacated for greener pastures (moved to the 100 gallon). Steve couldn't take it anymore, and decided to end it all (Found him in the bathroom about 20 feet away. Not sure if the cat caught him or he just went adventuring). Bob was alone.

The regents split (GF and I broke up), and Bob was mostly forgotten about. No new friends would be joining him for some time. Eventually, it was said that Bob too was gone. The tank was empty, and ready to be claimed and transported. So last Saturday I went over, drained the now shrimpless tank down to a puddle. Drove it home, filled it up, and went out and purchased new fish friends. Some Lampeye Killi's and a trio of Pea Puffers. However, Sunday evening, a discovery was made.

Reports of Bob's demise were greatly exaggerated!
nQLNnIo.png

The new tankmates bode poorly for Bob though. With great horror, I watched as Bob swam into the middle of the trio of puffers. They stared at Bob. Bob stared right back. Tentatively, one of the puffers swam up to Bob. As he reached him, Bob extended a claw, and booped the puffer on the nose. The message was received, and the puffers swam off to hunt some snails instead.

This is Bob's tank. You do not mess with Bob.
gFaMoFg.jpg

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
lol I enjoyed reading the adventures of Bob! Well written! (but may want to put f*** instead of the word. We do have underage forum members)

mvrck

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
lol I enjoyed reading the adventures of Bob! Well written! (but may want to put f*** instead of the word. We do have underage forum members)

Whoops, didn't think about that. Copied it from a private forum and didn't think. Fixed it.

keman

I have a freak mutant ghost shrimp who survived three weeks in an ammonia toxic tank (8+ ppm) Seems he then made his way into the filter as I was draining the tank to sanitize it. Found him as I was scrubbing the filter out. Went to scoop the dead body out of the slimy floss only to get slapped by the little bugger as if he was saying "Watch where you're putting those fingers Bub... this is MY filter... "

He's back in the 125 and doing well... The little freak...!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
mvrck said:
ShortyKiloGyrl said:

Whoops, didn't think about that. Copied it from a private forum and didn't think. Fixed it.

Not a problem :D Just a friendly reminder. :p