The addiction continues, set up a 55 gallon

thecarl

In interest in having a proper home for my large kissing gourami I adopted, I've set up a 55 gallon for him. Future use of this tank was planned for growing out discus, and may still be for growing out discus. So I've set it up as an extra tank to use for keeping the gourami separated from everyone else. I had put him in my 75 gallon but he wouldn't leave any of the other fish alone so that was no good. He gets to have his own tank now.

What isn't in this photo is my aquaclear 110 HOB filter that I added, and a second sponge filter w/power head from an established tank to help get the tank cycled. Using seachem prime and stabilize also.

I'm unsure of the grey/white rocks on either end, if they have any impact on water chemistry, I got most of the rocks from the GSAS auctions. Decided to try it out and see what happens. No fish have been put in the tank yet.

55gallon.jpg

Loren

In the aquarium hobby gifts are not always blessings as they almost always force you to set up a new tank. ;)

I'm jealous of your rocks......they are really nice looking.

thecarl

Yeah, although usually the gift is something like an angel fish. Gourami's are new to me and "peaceful" as I was told is always a relative term as this fish proved. Moving him into the tank tonight. :D