Teugelsi bichir

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Just a few pics of one of my favorite bichir, my teugelsi.

She is still little at maybe 11" if I were to guess but super active and wonderful colors. She reminds me of a tweed pattern... and I still dont have a name for her.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! I'm looking to jump back in but haven't found the right bichir yet. Not sure which style I'll get into.... Maybe some Senegalus as they are the entry style (before spending a fortune haha)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Lloyd. Sen's are great for their active outgoing behavior and a great starter bichir. They stay a bit on the smaller side so you dont need a huge tank for them. I am now up to five of these guys and find some to be a bit more active and outgoing than others but overall they are interesting and everyone who has seen them always comments on them due to the unique look.

Madness

Staff member
Personality goes with the Delhezi, the Teugs are as well but not nearly as much as the the Dels.

Nice Teug D, I will be adding some rare Dels and others soon

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Im very curious how my group will do when they all get put together. Right now my delhezi and weeksii are in the 210 and the others (palmas palmas, gold dust and teug) are in the 75g. Lots of room in the 300g for them but the weeksii and del dont really hang out and are not very social...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
They will get along famously.....
Im hoping there are no issues. Ive heard of issue with some (ornates) being pretty aggressive to smaller tankmates. My weeksii is considerably bigger than all the rest so a little concern. But she is pretty mild and does not have issues with the delhezi so likely will get along.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Im hoping there are no issues. Ive heard of issue with some (ornates) being pretty aggressive to smaller tankmates. My weeksii is considerably bigger than all the rest so a little concern. But she is pretty mild and does not have issues with the delhezi so likely will get along.
In a 300g with their poor eye sight I'll doubt they even know other bichirs exist . Haha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Betty

That gives me an idea, she is un-named as of now... maybe something dinosaur sounding?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Not a huge bichir guy, but the pattern on that one is amazing.
Thanks, it took me a long time to finally get one. when I finally did I was hooked.
It really is hard to capture how cool the color pattern is on this fish. It really has a tweed look to it.