"Tanked" on Animal Planet (Custom tanks for amazing situations)

hbluehunter

Re: "Tanked" on Animal Planet (Custom tanks for amazing situations)

I like the show for the most part, but the biggest thing that bugs me is they're gonna make everyone out there think they can just go buy a tank, set it up and dump fish in.. Where did all the cycling of tanks go ?? I realize I don't know jack Bout salt set ups but I'm guessing you still need to cycle them..

i wish they showed the step by step of making the tank, and the build costs of each project

A

Anonymous

Well I'm looking at it like this, if people go out and buy tanks thinking they can just keep fish. One of two things will happen: 1) they get into the hobby and buy fish expanding our hobby by many more people. Or 2) they relize its a little harder then they thought, so they sell there tank for cheap on craigslist.... win, win!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Madness

Staff member

fish_n_vw said:
Well I'm looking at it like this, if people go out and buy tanks thinking they can just keep fish. One of two things will happen: 1) they get into the hobby and buy fish expanding our hobby by many more people. Or 2) they relize its a little harder then they thought, so they sell there tank for cheap on craigslist.... win, win!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!
:plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1:

Betty

Staff member

Unfortunately with option #2, I'm afraid the fish will be the losers. :(

A

Anonymous

Yeah, that's true... but that's part of why this forum is here. So we can educate newcomers to the hobby. And that's also why its so important to support quality pet shops. Because a good pet shop will send a new fish keeper home with the tools and basic knowlage to properly keep an aquarium and there inhabitants.

fishaholic

Personally I think the show is lame. :pale:

I want to see more of the construction of the tank. Like when your watching pimp my truck. They go into detail as to what they are doing and why.

Tanked is pathetic. Oh look, we have a tank, now lets install, in the mean time lets waste 40 minutes of everyone's life and show you nothing.

Dont get me wrong, the final product (most of the time) is pretty awesome. But lame show with a couple lame tanks.

Adonijah

^^^
*Que Debby Downer music*

They try to make you care about their relationships within the company on the show. Just like every other reality show, same ingredients different people. If you knew what you were getting into, why do you sound so disappointed?

A

Anonymous

Exactly what is debbie downer music?????? I want to put it on my ipod.. hheeeeeehhheeeeeehhhhooooooohhhoooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhh!