tank wont stay clen 2!!

baglel10

so my tank god dirty after being SUPER CLEER now its a white fog but i think i know whats the problem
the food im feeding them i started to feed them omega one cichlid flakes i used this like the first week i had my fish and noticed that they realy dont like it then i whent to bridges in snohomish (great store) and got a small bottle of aqueon cichlid flakes and they gust love his stuff that small bottle ran out then i got the biggest bottle they had now i ran out of that and am back to the omega one cichlid flakes and my water is fogy and they wont eat thee food
so what im trying to say my tank is fogy but its becouse of the crap food and my fish wont eat the crap food DONT USE THE CRAP FOOD going to get good food jut need like $2 more (broke) :king:

A

Anonymous

I used to use Omega One Cichlid Flakes, never had an issue with it. I would say Omega One is FAR from crap food. Are you over feeding?

Ashley

Yeah I doubt it is the food. Some one JUST posted a thread about their tank not being crystal clear. Look at that, there is a lot of advice over there.

A

Anonymous

Ashley said:
Yeah I doubt it is the food. Some one JUST posted a thread about their tank not being crystal clear. Look at that, there is a lot of advice over there.
It was his thread.

Ashley

Spyral said:
Ashley said:
It was his thread.
LOL well then why post another thread? Everyone already gave their advice.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Is this a post that required a sequel?

I have to agree with the others that the Omega One fish food in itself is NOT the problem. It is an excellent product. The amount being fed could be an issue.

baglel10

DMD123 said:
Is this a post that required a sequel?

I have to agree with the others that the Omega One fish food in itself is NOT the problem. It is an excellent product. The amount being fed could be an issue.
i fed them the same amount as the other food the reson why i call it crap my fish wont eat it and thats why i feel its crap its crap if fish wont eat it right? :king:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
baglel10 said:
i fed them the same amount as the other food the reson why i call it crap my fish wont eat it and thats why i feel its crap its crap if fish wont eat it right? :king:
Fish can easily "train" their owners what to feed them. If they are used to a certain type of food, they may take a while to respond to something new. I used to only feed Omega One floating pellets, but I wanted to try NLS sinking pellets. Guess what the fish at first would not eat them. Now after about a month of constantly putting it before them, they accept it as something normal and eat it with no problem. When presented with either type of food they show no preference and just chow down. The Omega One is a high quality food, your fish are just not used to it being fed to them.

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
baglel10 said:
Fish can easily "train" their owners what to feed them. If they are used to a certain type of food, they may take a while to respond to something new. I used to only feed Omega One floating pellets, but I wanted to try NLS sinking pellets. Guess what the fish at first would not eat them. Now after about a month of constantly putting it before them, they accept it as something normal and eat it with no problem. When presented with either type of food they show no preference and just chow down. The Omega One is a high quality food, your fish are just not used to it being fed to them.
This is why I started my F1 Mpimbwe fry on all sorts of foods, so they would not be picky eaters. They eat anything now..lol