tank wont stay cleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattle1972

add more filtration. one thing that has been beaten into my head is you can never have enough filtration. just because it says it is good for 20-30 gal tanks. dosnt mean thats all you should have. those little sponge filters are cheap as hell. i keep a sponge in every tank, ontop of my main filtration. i think we should look at those numbers they put on boxes for filters and cut them in half. good for 30 gal? probably good for 15. plus the benefit of that is also if you start a new tank. just take a sponge out of a old one, put into the new one and you are instantly cycled.

just my two little pennies!!!!!

icer711

ill second that a bigger filter for a couple more bucks goes a long way and in most cases a little less work if you get the right one oh and the fish never complain they usually get bigger faster and stay much healthier. i my self have at least to 2 canisters on my most of my tanks... way over filtered in most cased but they seam to love it and always get clear water out of it
also depending on what filter you are using (i hope a canister fill it with poly-fill from walmat a huge bag for 3$ and it will take all the little stuff right out of the water) if not get a pre-sponge for the intake and it will help remove the little stuff and also over time it will help you with your bio load once its been on there for a while

A

Anonymous

Just an added tip, I find poly foam in my HOB filter clears up a tank in no time. I just put a fluffy layer as the last stage and it has worked on every tank I have ever had. It's a real cheap, easy way to clear up cloudy water, and it can't hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.