tank wont stay cleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

baglel10

ok my tank is geting a lil fogy but when look at side barly can see to other side (29 gal tank) so i did a big watter change like 40% becouse i did like a 20% about 4 days befor and just got fogy well 1 day after big water change its fogy can any one help me its not my filter (for 20-30g tanks and bran new like 1 week) HELP ME IM SCARED... dont wana loos all my fishies :pale:

:king:

sandnuka

Are you adding warm tap water? Try adding cold water when you do water change..... but i wouldnt do anymore water changes for awhile... Just let things settle for a bit. Probably just tiny air bubbles in the water.

what substrate you using?

shua

sandnuka said:
Are you adding warm tap water? Try adding cold water when you do water change..... but i wouldnt do anymore water changes for awhile... Just let things settle for a bit. Probably just tiny air bubbles in the water.

micro bubles for shiz

baglel10

sandnuka said:

i dont think it micro bubbles its tinted green limeish green and im useing small rocks like pebbles :king:

Mikey

baglel10 said:
sandnuka said:

i dont think it micro bubbles its tinted green limeish green and im useing small rocks like pebbles :king:
Did you rinse the rocks off good before putting them in? With warm or hot water? If not, might want to do that soon. ;)

shua

sounds like the start of pea soup agile post a pic and we might be able to better steer you in the right direction

protocl

baglel10 said:
ok my tank is geting a lil fogy but when look at side barly can see to other side (29 gal tank) so i did a big watter change like 40% becouse i did like a 20% about 4 days befor and just got fogy well 1 day after big water change its fogy can any one help me its not my filter (for 20-30g tanks and bran new like 1 week) HELP ME IM SCARED... dont wana loos all my fishies :pale:

:king:
bacterial bloom - the cause.
get yourself a bottle of PRIME - help cope with cycling tank.
large water changes are not needed, especially at that percentage.

do not, i repeat: do not cleanse, rinse nor clean the filter nor its filter media.

protocl

baglel10 said:
front on an angle

full veiw

this is one end to the other

GAH HELP ME :king:
since you have already set your fish tank up, only one way to go...just help the fishes cope with the cycling as best you know how.
it would probably take atleast 2 months to finish. if you know some one with a established tank, ask to borrow some filter bio media and or decoravtive rocks/items; to help speed up and get some good bacteria.

baglel10

protocl said:
baglel10 said:
front on an angle

full veiw

this is one end to the other

GAH HELP ME :king:
since you have already set your fish tank up, only one way to go...just help the fishes cope with the cycling as best you know how.
it would probably take atleast 2 months to finish. if you know some one with a established tank, ask to borrow some filter bio media and or decoravtive rocks/items; to help speed up and get some good bacteria.
GAHH it is cycaled i have had this tank runing for about 4 months (not 5) :king:

protocl

baglel10 said:
teddyzaper said:
ya, gotta wait for a tank to cycle before fish!
this tank is 5 months in its cycled
bagel10 - (for 20-30g tanks and bran new like 1 week).

brand new filter(i presume also filter media=cycling process, all over again.

sandnuka

thats right... your the one with the lathargic betta awhile back right??? did you loose some fish??? Anyway, I honestly think your tank just needs to age a little..... playing with stuff, doing water changes, just gonna slow the process..... do like 20% water change once a week, cold water... will drop temp a few degrees for a bit, but nothing big enough to harm your fish.

if its still super cloudy in about a week of doing nothing to it..... then they have some stuff that will clear water at the pet shops.... can give that a try.

A

Anonymous

im highly against adding any chemicals when not necesary. i feel that this could just be an algea bloom and go aqay soon enough. if it doesnt go away i would add a UV steralizer. adding chemicals to water will just make the fish more stressed and you will likely lose most of them

baglel10

protocl said:
baglel10 said:
teddyzaper said:
ya, gotta wait for a tank to cycle before fish!
this tank is 5 months in its cycled
bagel10 - (for 20-30g tanks and bran new like 1 week).

brand new filter(i presume also filter media=cycling process, all over again.
ok what im gana do is take some crap from my moms fish tank that thing has bin runing for ages

IceBerg

baglel10 said:
Don't panic!:affraid: Just keep up with your weekly water changes, and vacuum your gravel effectively. Also if this isn’t a planted tank, try running your lights as minimal as possible. You can starve out an algae bloom by getting rid of all the extra nutrients in the water, and cutting way down on your lights. Whatever you do, do not use chemicals. :D

sandnuka

If used correctly, chemicals will not kill your fish..... they will kill snails, and inverts.... but your fish will be fine.... Like majority of people said though, just keep on keeping on.... dont go and change a bunch of stuff now, just let it do its thing.... you have enough good bacteria in your gravel, rocks, decor, etc that you wont loose anyfish by changing your filter... its not a new tank anymore.

I like the idea of turning off the lights as much as possible though... or keeping it away from any windows. that will kill any alge, but I am still thinkin' its micro air bubbles still.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.