~~~Tank Covers~~~

Wolf-Keeper1

Ok what kinds of tank cover is best? I have glass lids but with the fish I am inquiring about, they all seem to be jumpers or escape artist. How do some of you secure your tops? I was thinking of a reptile cover to go over the lids and just put the lights on, but I havent looked yet to see if they are made 6 feet long. Anyway just curious on how you contain your jumpers. I do have a hood for both my tanks but even if I had that on it may just trap them on top of the glass. Unless they fall behind the tank. Any info is greatly appreciated.

alexmuw

I built wooded canopies over all my tanks. I did this, not only to enclose my light fixtures (T-12 shop lights, use GE Aquarium lights), but to prevent fish from jumping out.

There's a lot of DIY sites out there. If you already have light fixtures, great! You can build your fixtures into the hood. Fish can't jump out due to canopy weighing about 50+ lbs. Put a nice coat of stain and a few coats of polyurethane, and your good to go!

sandnuka

The glass on my tank is super heavy, none of my fish can get out.... but i did talk to a friend of mine who kept snake heads and he said he had to put a lock on his cause they got out and would be crawling on his floor when he got up to see whats the racket...