Sunshine Peacock Spawning

sandnuka

Well when I was down south pickin up my new christmas fulu group, Icer711 and i stopped at a LFS down there... it was a small shack with not a big selection at all... but what they did have was a gorgeous male and two female Sunshine peacocks.... I had to get them.... So, I did... and put them in the christmas fulu tank..... To my surprise they became the dom group in the tank, the fulus kinda doin the running thing.

Anyway, I woke up, turned on there light, and saw the male VERY BRIGHT! I knew it was time... i busted out the camera and video taped for about an hour, finally got some good spawning shots! too bad it was in a lil cave, so its hard to see, but you know what there doin in there! Cut out the boring stuff in the vid... put it to some music... Hope you all enjoy!

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/95u83lMRN5w" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

A

Anonymous

Nice video, but -1 for using the same music as one of my Frontosa videos!

lol

sandnuka

spyral - you used get busy child on your front video! lol, I thought I was being original cause they were "getting busy" get it? lol Did you upload the video here? I cant find it?

Thanks everybody for the comments!

sandnuka

SEVENTEEN! Thats right... I just stripped mom.... she was holding SEVENTEEN EGGS!! wooohoooooooo! there tumblin in the tumbler now... this time I double covered the bottome so no one would suck the eggs out like last time :(

Caton

Wow! I can't wait for some wigglers! I keep looking at your avatar and I always think: "thats a interesting cory" but I think its a cichlid....

Doza

that would be amazing if there was a cory that existed that looked like that..lol Its a cichlid.. Type of tropheous..

sandnuka

CANNIBALS! they managed to suck the eggs thru the tumbler and threw a nylon breeding net........ i managed to save 1 out of 17 :(

A

Anonymous

ouch...you are going to get this breeding thing right one day and have 5000 baby fish all over the house

sandnuka

Its on the way from ebay..... I was unpatient and stripped early.... pretty much slaughtered the babies...... I never had this prob with the frontosa... I guess there eggs are allot bigger and couldnt get sucked threw the mesh. :(

larry.beck

I bought tumblers from jrogo and haven't looked back. And we had just DIY'd 2 of them that were working, but jrogo's just worked so much nicer. :) Now that I've got his I can see how they're made but figure I'd still end up spending almost as much as he charges just to buy the parts from JEHMCO so why bother. LOL

Acei eggs are unbelievably small. Ours has held twice so far; the first clutch was 80+ and the second 90+. Crazy! And the babies start out small - seems weird since they're one of the larger mbuna.

sandnuka

Well the 1 egg left I relocated to an extension I made to a sponge filter.... Thanks to icer711... and I looked at it and saw lil eyes! SO COOL... just wish I say 17 of them with eyes. OH well, trial and error. (look at the lil' cannibals, there tryin to still figure out a way to get the last egg)

egg_tu10.jpg

sandnuka

last egg didnt make it..... too much pressure in that thing.... BUMMER! but, on the plus side, the other female looks to be holding... i did get a tumbler from ebay, but it using the same mesh I was, and I dont want the eggs sucked thru this time..... Thinkin of strippin, movin them to another tank.... or just lettin mom carry them for another couple weeks! natural.

sandnuka

Thats the one I got... same dude from ebay... lol.... your fish dont suck the eggs thru that bottom?? bet you have yours in the fry tank, or grow out tank.... I left mine in the main tank.

larry.beck

sandnuka said:
your fish dont suck the eggs thru that bottom??
Nope haven't had that happen. Your fish are sucking eggs through 2 layers of wire mesh spaced over 1" apart? Those must be some pretty amazing fish! I'm shocked, to tell ya the truth. :oops: True, I do have mine in the grow-out (easier to handle them in the bigger 55g tank than the little 10g's) but we've kept them in the show tanks in the past without incident.