staurogyne repens discussion

B

big01612

I'm in search of this plant (staurogyne repens) to use as ground cover. Please pm me.

B

big01612

Re: ISO- staurogyne repens / king county / MU, PU, Mail

He did pm me about it but I live in Des Moines. Too far drive and not worth the shipping.

A

Anonymous

Re: ISO- staurogyne repens /SOUTH king county / MU, PU, Mail

I have some of the dwarf stuff in my 140. It isn't getting a lot of light so the top is growing super slow. I am in the process of moving the plant into my 29 where nutrients and lighting are doubled. I thought it was dying since it wasnt growing much but the roots where magnifcent. So the plant must of been either establishing a root colony before exploding on top or the lack of lighting was dwarfing top growth, IDK.

Anyway, If it does well in my 29 I should have some to share in a month or two....

B

big01612

Thanks fishNAbowl. Sure. Pm me when you got extras. Thanks.

John.

B

big01612

Bump to the top.

flo77

Try Petmart. Supplied by Topfin. Pretty good portion for 7.99 or 8.99 I don't remember exactly.

B

big01612

I'll check them out. Just gonna need a lot for my ground cover. So I'm checking all options nearest, free or cheap, but prefer any members whom has extras to spare for cheap or free.

tazeat

If you're fertilizing and injecting co2, you really only need a small bit if you're good about cutting and replanting. I bought some at petsmart a while back and its slowly filling out nicely.

B

big01612

Got a picture of it? Would be nice to see how my tank might look like. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

big01612 said:
Got a picture of it? Would be nice to see how my tank might look like. Thanks.

+1 :D

tazeat

Still very much a work in progress, waiting for a couple things to fill out before I move some things...

Definitely still filling in, it's actually probably ready to cut the tops off and replant. I started with about 6-8 little bunches and I've replanted the tops twice now I think? Only been about a month.

repens.jpg

Black BN Pleco hiding under the rock there, you can see his bristles barely :)

O/T: whats a good picture width for posting pictures here? I'm an outlier with a multiple huge monitor setup, so I'd post 1600px wide pictures all day and not care, but I know that's a little big for some.

B

big01612

Bump

tazeat

Re: please delete. found

A mo and a half later... out of control. I even sold a bunch I pulled from the roots up at the auction.

staurogyne-repens.jpg

If you're still looking for some, I can easily clip the tops off and bag them up...

A

Anonymous

^ holy moly those look good. Mine are growing nicely but yours exploded in growth. Great job on the S. Repens!

B

big01612

tazeat said:
A mo and a half later... out of control. I even sold a bunch I pulled from the roots up at the auction.

staurogyne-repens.jpg

If you're still looking for some, I can easily clip the tops off and bag them up...

I am. But the ones I got from petsmart were awesome but I cut them too short to spread them out. Keep seeing them floating everyday. I believe the Mts are releasing them as they get out of the gravel cap (walstad tank). It depends on how short you cut them and well funds are short right now anyways. Just spent it at Midway for CRS and Phantom blue shrimps. So maybe next clippings. Thanks.

B

big01612

Admin or Mod people could please put this thread I guess in plant threads or something. Thanks a lot.

A

Anonymous

I did that too with a couple plants. The root system is a tough one to replant. Wonder if i could weigh it down a bit with something? Perhaps glue to a small rock?