Sorry, to those of you that experienced outages....

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
It took a minute to get ahold of our webpage host to get them on the issue. I don’t have complete access to their info, but I am thankful that they worked with me ( even without the security clearance).

shout outs to Corey for providing me with the security pin, and shout out to host Gator for addressing the issue for us so quickly.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Strangely I had access when I was at work yesterday when @fishguy1978 and @lloyd378 mentioned issues. I was able to view it on my computer but it gave me a ‘Your connection isn’t private’ error which I had to bypass to get to the site.

Happy to have the box up and running again! Thank you @lloyd378 for that! We all appreciate your hard work keeping the forum running.

Jexnell

At first I was all " Who would ransomware the Fishbox" but figured it was just some technical glitch.
Great job on getting back up and running for all us fish junkies!

Betty

Staff member
I wasn't able to get on all day, but during that time, I rediscovered the original wafishbox forum is still there. :) I had forgotten all about it.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The original one was dot org I believe we no longer pay for any of that info so it shouldn’t be active in any shape or form

Betty

Staff member
It's the wafishbox . forumotion site. I think it was a free site. It's still there, but no one posts on it after we moved here. It redirects to this site now.