Somebody here needs a new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Having an 8 foot tank now is a lot of fun, especially as the fish is swimming with you as you walk by.
I would love to to have that 120" tank for sure but the tank is even taller than the one I have now, that would not be fun at all!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Having an 8 foot tank now is a lot of fun, especially as the fish is swimming with you as you walk by.
I would love to to have that 120" tank for sure but the tank is even taller than the one I have now, that would not be fun at all!
This tank is very oddly proportioned, and 43" tall would be a nightmare... :eek:

John58Ford

If this tank ever turns into an "I need it out now come get it" I could see insulating my custom shed and creating a fish room 2.0 but at $3000 I would probably be better off spending the money to build an elevated indoor pond with more volume. Do you hang yourself over a 43" deep tank or just get in it to move rocks around the bottom?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
If this tank ever turns into an "I need it out now come get it" I could see insulating my custom shed and creating a fish room 2.0 but at $3000 I would probably be better off spending the money to build an elevated indoor pond with more volume. Do you hang yourself over a 43" deep tank or just get in it to move rocks around the bottom?
You get in. My 220g is 30in deep and if I ever want to remove the large rocket is going to be a chore.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I love tall show tanks and I deal with all my tanks being on the taller side so Im used to a step ladder and a longer python gravel vac tube to get things done. But going from my 30" tall 300 gallon to a 43" tall would be a challenge for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.