Some of my Peacocks and Haps

mickyfree

Hello all,
Been awhile since I posted some pictures of my fish. This isn't all of them, but a decent junk. Hope you like!

RVhjzN5.jpg

Wild Caught Baenchi 5"

DOBZhmh.jpg

Back Up Baenchi 3"

TlIQyht.jpg

Otopharnyx Tetrastigma 3.5"

7Jcsi3i.jpg

Otopharnyx Tetrastigma 3.5"

wMhN3i7.jpg

Blue Neon Chiwindi 4"

PRFRqED.jpg

Baenchi foreground and Otter Point in the back

zT65sVi.jpg

Otter Point 3.5"

ZH65cFU.jpg

Pearl OB 5" and Lemon Jake 4"

kkPVsYv.jpg

Albino Dragonblood 2.5"

WjRtlAF.jpg

Otopharnx Tetrastigma 5"

tq2gYTa.jpg

OB 4"

KdzZZoS.jpg

German Red 3.5"

h9m4Hpg.jpg

Otter Point 3.5"

aTSaAMD.jpg

OB Yawn 3"

hHPdIXD.jpg

Z Rock 4"

iZ5WUuI.jpg

Star Sapphire 7"

VVJ1W34.jpg

Cop. Azureus 3.5"

Gg2lnAY.jpg

OB Topside

QWWa69x.jpg

Deep Water 3.5"

g9aeo00.jpg

Wild Caught Baenchi 5"

pEn54zP.jpg

Lwanda 3.5"

CHqtpdD.jpg

Blue Neon Chiwindi 4"

LQAHnnq.jpg

Otter Point 3.5"

uVklX7Q.jpg

Star Sapphire 7"

Hope you all enjoy! This area has been kind of slow lately, hopefully we can get African Cichlids more popular in this area. I am going to be breeding/selling some of these by winter, so look out for it!

Betty

Staff member
Some nice looking species there. Thanks for posting them. It's very slow in this African cichlid forum. :( When I first joined, there were so many of us! I don't know where everyone went.

Paintguy

Wow... some amazing looking fish. I could not help adding up the estimated cost of each of them in my head though. I am surprised that you get soo much color out of all... not a dominant one to fade out the rest?

Would love to see a close up of the "Otopharnx Tetrastigma".

I started an all male tank, but it is only 50 gal which ended up being a little tight for more than just a few.

mickyfree

Thank you both! Paintguy, yea you really have to have a 75 or up to keep a good group of them. And I would only recommend a 75 for peacocks or a mbuna tank. not haps. i look at African cichlids like a puzzle. Have to find the right pieces that work together to get the big picture looking good. When buying these guys to put into a tank together. Try not to pick fish that look too close to the same. If you do, get them at a smaller size and grow them up together, they tend to do better together that way. Also, buy a fish you know will be the tank boss, also watch his behavior at the store, see if he is a calmer guy or if he is attaching everyone. If you have a fish that is the definite tank boss, nobody will mess with him and the tank will be calmer than some you see online. These are some of the things I have picked up over the years and have seems to work well for me.

Paintguy

I agree with your puzzle theory. My problem is that the 2 I have now are about 5" long and each is the boss at different times, but they are both too grumpy to add any juvenile fish. On the positive side the water takes a lot less maintenance.

mickyfree

Hahaha that is true. That is why trying to get a fish that you know will be the boss over all is the other key. You gotta find a tank boss that will put other fish in their place, but won't be so aggressive that they kill off or stress fish out too far.

Jeeperman

Great looking group Mick. Love that Star Sapphire. The one I picked up yesterday is doing well and should be fun to watch grow and get more spots. This is the bald guy from yesterday at Denny's. Give me a few weeks and I'll get some pics once he is in the 90.