FS (SOLD) Tropheus Ikola Colony (20+) MU/PU Issaquah

Elblin

Colony of Tropheus Ikola Tanganyikan cichlids. 20+, F1 and F2. Need to be in large groups of at least 12-15 to control aggression. Prolific breeders. Moving so need to break down tank. Asking $100 OBO.
IMG_2280_zpsf9cfbd5c.jpg

IMG_2336_zps70eee9e7.jpg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
You didn't have room anyways. :D

Neither do I really, which means I will have to make room! :)

Seriously, I've been wanting to get some new genes into my Ikola line, and this way I will have 3 genetically distinct colonies to draw upon. I used to breed and sell Ikola regularly when I was on the 'Seattle side,' but now that I'm in Kitsap I've cut back because there is no ready market over here. That said, if any of you are ever intereested in Ikola, let me know and I will raise a batch for you.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Back to Tropheus...

Lovely colony; doing well. Thanks Elbert!

Once these are out of quarantine, I plan to make a 50:50 mix of the best individuals from my existing adult Ikola colony and this colony and set it up in my living room show tank (below). I will also make a 50:50 mix of the smallest (youngest) individuals from both colonies, and set them up in a species tank in my fish room. The remaining individuals (hopefully also close to 50:50) will make up a third colony. Yes, I do love Ikola, probably have 60-70 individuals in my collection at present.

IMGP3841.JPG

Mike16T

Back to Tropheus...

Lovely colony; doing well. Thanks Elbert!

Once these are out of quarantine, I plan to make a 50:50 mix of the best individuals from my existing adult Ikola colony and this colony and set it up in my living room show tank (below). I will also make a 50:50 mix of the smallest (youngest) individuals from both colonies, and set them up in a species tank in my fish room. The remaining individuals (hopefully also close to 50:50) will make up a third colony. Yes, I do love Ikola, probably have 60-70 individuals in my collection at present.

View attachment 3984

Wow! Very nice set up. I hope those tropeus don't destroy those plants

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Wow! Very nice set up. I hope those tropeus don't destroy those plants

That pic was taken a while ago; the plants are long gone. Val survives in Tanganyika water, but certainly does not thrive. I consider it living fish food; the Trophs consider it salad bar. :rolleyes: