Status
Not open for further replies.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
---- ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN SOLD ----

Fish: Lamprologus Occelatus Gold x7, Alto. Calvus Inkfin x1
Shells, lace rock, buffer/salt just opened, foods, aragonite in tank plus some dry in bag unused.

IMG_20211107_140723489.jpg
IMG_20220227_140756558.jpg
IMG_20220227_140625191.jpg

IMG_20220227_141534624.jpgIMG_20220227_141613445.jpgIMG_20220227_141632385_HDR.jpgIMG_20220227_143807754.jpg

PM me if you have any questions. Looking to just get this tank emptied by this weekend if possible. Not sure if Im going to do anything with the tank or give it to my future daughter in law...

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great deal; I hope these little guys find a good home.
Thanks, this tank has always been a challenge to clean with it being 10” off the ground and sand as substrate. This was the same issue having the puffer in there before. If this was a gravel bottom tank it might be slightly easier for me to vac with the python. But as is too low to just gravity feed water change. As cool as these guys are, in the end with 7 tanks going, I need the maintenance to be quicker. So back to gravel and freshwater with no special water requirement. Sad to see these guys go…

John58Ford

This is a great deal. If no one scoops this up I might have to make something functional but ugly this weekend. My new pretty show tanks have been on delay for painting weather.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great deal. If no one scoops this up I might have to make something functional but ugly this weekend. My new pretty show tanks have been on delay for painting weather.
The only reason I said by this weekend is that I took a few days off work and I may actually drive down to Portland and I dont know what may follow me back from Wet Spot, lol.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I thought this might tickle your fancy. But what's this about 'new pretty show tanks?' :whistle

John58Ford

I thought this might tickle your fancy. But what's this about 'new pretty show tanks?' :whistle
The 55 stack backgrounds are still bare cement (need dri-lok and pond armor) and I haven't got the stand painted. Both of those are slated to be tang, one with multis and nigripinnis and the other with, well, hadn't decided yet. Since I've found 4 different plants that thrive I'm going to make these a bit different :). If I have to I could set the pent up in a hurry, but I don't really have "hurried" tanks in my fish room anymore.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
The 55 stack backgrounds are still bare cement (need dri-lok and pond armor) and I haven't got the stand painted. Both of those are slated to be tang, one with multis and nigripinnis and the other with, well, hadn't decided yet. Since I've found 4 different plants that thrive I'm going to make these a bit different :). If I have to I could set the pent up in a hurry, but I don't really have "hurried" tanks in my fish room anymore.
Cool. What are the plants that you've found to be OK in the high pH water? Anubias and Cryptocorynes I know; anything else? I'm happy for you to be the pioneer here. :cool:

John58Ford

The ludwigia repens red variant I have is doing great and the jungle val another Shelly keeper in Michigan is keeping.I don't have enough height in my little baby Shelly tank for them yet but I'll be getting some in as soon as I bring the big tanks up. As long as the tanks are planned out and each plant gets it's roots pinned by a large rock I've found them to stay planted well enough. The anubias grows at a nearly alarming rate in these conditions though, the one in the Tang tank vs my soft water tanks of the same age are very different. 9-10" rhyzome growth vs 3-4" rhyzome growth in 7 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.