So I got a CHUBBY pleco...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Sounds like you have two males if they are cave dwellers. If they are they could get territorial as they get bigger.
Yeah, they could but its weird that you see them being sold and they are all grouped together. But then again that is at about 3"- 5" sizes, almost always a lone wolf when bigger.

Im not sure what to do with these guys... possibly separate and put one in the 90 and keep one in the 65B? This may not work because I have a plan for the 65B that will include a cichlid that may pick on it. So then I could put both in the 90 and see how that goes.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Update:
Been a while since I saw these guys so... I got curious to see the Chubby plecos and if I still had the two since I would only see one large tail moving around under a piece of mopani. When I pulled the wood out to gravel vac I was shocked by the pleco that I saw, it had grown considerably! But I only saw the one.... but then I see the second, it looks like it hasnt grown at all!
IMG_20231104_113015669.jpg
These guys just have a 'cuteness' factor about them with the overly large head and short body. They look healthy with bellies that do not look sunken and the larger one for sure is thriving. Havent decided if Im moving them into a larger 90 gallon yet but since they seem to be doing well in the sajica tank, they will stay for a while longer.