Sick or damaged?

GilbertonFisher

Goldie here has been the beast of the tank for years, but recently got schooled by a tiny black moor.

They eyes have been healing up great, but that white patch on the head is newer. Not raised, just pale and from some angles disappears completely.

Ideas?20200205_213346.jpg 20200205_213410.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Cant tell by the pics what its got going on. For me I have a if in doubt, increase water changes way of going about it. Start with clean water to see if it clears up.

GilbertonFisher

I was planning to do a 50% change this afternoon.

On the head between the eyes there's a white patch, Goldie hanger had any white patches in the last 2 years I've had her. I was curious if she's just recovering from trauma since it doesn't look like fungus to me.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I would do your water change and continue to monitor it. If it is just white, but not fuzzy, could have just been a scrape or something. Keep up with clean water and it should go away naturally on its own.

GilbertonFisher

Goldie recovered well, but the next morning I had another goldfish with injuries to thier eyes.

I have a suspicion the black moor i s taking advantage of night and black substrate to attack the the others.
20200211_192735.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Almost looks like an infection on that eye.... if it doesn’t improve with continued water changes then you probably need to treat with antibiotics.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Have you seen improvement since separation and clean water? If not I would be do antibiotics as soon as you can.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of water changes and clean water helps but sometimes you just need to medicate.

Hope he gets better. Keep us updated.

Last edited: