shrimp room

tayntdawg

Here is a lil update on the shrimp room in progress. So feel free to send me sum input on what kinds of other shrimp we should get. Thanks[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/bzZb4um3Wng" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Chiisai

Alas I work on saturdays... all these plant swaps that I want to goto just arent possible for me :wall: 

MRTom

I didn't catch it in the video, what kind of substrate are you guys using on these tanks? It looks great!

tayntdawg

@crazedAce ill have orange and red and will only have a few not 100% sure yet on how many.
@MRTom I think its black moon sand but iam not 100% on that tho, but I will find out.
@MrPoke will do my brotha iam lookin into a buy here reall soon to get different kinds so stay tuned and see what we get..lol

oobydooby

I'm interested in the blues when you get a decent colony! Also are you going to get into the Caridina lines later on?

tayntdawg

Yes very much so oobydooby and the plan is to have 8 tanks going very soon. Then 8 more soon after that..lol mts bad..lol

oobydooby

Haha that's awesome! I'm desperately searching for mischlings locally instead of having to order them.. If you end up working with those I'd love to pick some up as well as the blue..

LuminousAphid

In my short experience with shrimp, the less you do to try to get them to breed, the more likely they will breed. I kept watching my RCS for months to see if there were any baby ones, with no luck; as soon as I stopped watching them so intently they finally started making little baby shrimps :)

pbmax

LuminousAphid said:
In my short experience with shrimp, the less you do to try to get them to breed, the more likely they will breed. I kept watching my RCS for months to see if there were any baby ones, with no luck; as soon as I stopped watching them so intently they finally started making little baby shrimps :)
:plus1: 

tayntdawg

I agree less is better for sure I do the same with all my cichlids. Yeah sure I watch my tanks but not with as much concern into if the breedin or not ill wake up or come home from work and boom eggs so I like the suprise better then waiting and waiting for sumthing to happen u kno....

tayntdawg

Allredlady workin on blacks and reds we have a really nice sss+ female red allready she has the heart sign ill take video tomorrow and post it for every one to see how far we are already since the last video. And the new stuff.

LuminousAphid

Definitely try to get a nice black female crystal for breeding, I saw those at Cory's shop the other day and not only are they awesome looking, I think their alternate name should just be "money," hahaha. $10 a pop and I'm sure they will sell. If you get a colony of them going before the market is flooded, money is yours for the taking!