Shrimp bug bit me again!

Mike16T

I'm waiting for my elevateshrimp order. I have a bunch of moss I want to put on ledges etc... that I ordered but I guess he was gone for a week and backed up with orders QQ I did get my buce yesterday though. I need to do fish stuff this weekend and get those situated instead of hanging out in clumps in my tanks.

What are you going to do with the buces? stick it to rocks or wood? or plant it to the substrate? If substrate, make sure that rhizome is sticking out of the substrate. Only roots should be under the substrate. =)
I use small pebbles or ceramic media and superglue the underside of the rhizome and bury that part to the substrate.

Mike16T

That's a cool buce. I bought pink martini buce a couple of months ago and they're supposed to have pink leaves.

Yah.. Mines too.. When I got it, there is a pink leaves and it stayed that way but new leaves are not pink. It really depends on the condition of the tank to get those pink leaves. Same as Anubias pinto.

julzhull

What are you going to do with the buces? stick it to rocks or wood? or plant it to the substrate? If substrate, make sure that rhizome is sticking out of the substrate. Only roots should be under the substrate. =)
I use small pebbles or ceramic media and superglue the underside of the rhizome and bury that part to the substrate.
I'm probably going to do a mixture of wood and rocks. I have a piece of wood for some to put in my betta tank. Then probably little rocks for my nano to get it growing. I bought Belindae, Bronze Red, and Brownie Blue. I might find a bigger rock or wood to put the Belindae on, a big mass of that one would look pretty cool, hmm, maybe on a coconut hut. I might do the Brownie Blue on pebbles and put on the substrate of my shrimp tank. I still want to move out some of the coral to bring down the pH on that tank. Like I said, lots of fish stuff to do. I should devote at least an hour to my shrimp tank this weekend.

Mike16T

I'm probably going to do a mixture of wood and rocks. I have a piece of wood for some to put in my betta tank. Then probably little rocks for my nano to get it growing. I bought Belindae, Bronze Red, and Brownie Blue. I might find a bigger rock or wood to put the Belindae on, a big mass of that one would look pretty cool, hmm, maybe on a coconut hut. I might do the Brownie Blue on pebbles and put on the substrate of my shrimp tank. I still want to move out some of the coral to bring down the pH on that tank. Like I said, lots of fish stuff to do. I should devote at least an hour to my shrimp tank this weekend.

Lol. You should've told me that you wanted a Brownie Blue. I just sold some clippings to someone in Oklahoma along with my other buce pink lady. Shipping it out today. =)

Post a pic once you get it done.. ^_^

julzhull

Lol. You should've told me that you wanted a Brownie Blue. I just sold some clippings to someone in Oklahoma along with my other buce pink lady. Shipping it out today. =)

Post a pic once you get it done.. ^_^
Of course I wanted one after seeing your pics LOL. I bought one of the clumps so I've got a nice big starting point.

Mike16T

Did @VickiK ever get a piece of that? If not I should share a piece of mine. I think she was lusting after the pics you posted of yours.

I did snipped off some rhizomes for her and give to her at the auction but she didn't go. The rhizomes ended up to my in laws tank that i set up the same day. =)
I even included other buces for her..

L190

If you need to grow buces super fast, emersed is the way to go. I took some "dead buces" which only consist of stems and threw then in my emersed tank and I already see 10 leaves forming.

Mike16T

If you need to grow buces super fast, emersed is the way to go. I took some "dead buces" which only consist of stems and threw then in my emersed tank and I already see 10 leaves forming.

I would if I have the tank. lol. Also. I think the submerged leaves looks better than immersed IMO.

L190

I agree they look better but if you are not using co2 at high levels, getting a nice big clump takes forever. With the buces I am growing emersed, once they get to a nice size I am going to 100% cover a piece of wood with it and submerged them.

Mike16T

I agree they look better but if you are not using co2 at high levels, getting a nice big clump takes forever. With the buces I am growing emersed, once they get to a nice size I am going to 100% cover a piece of wood with it and submerged them.

One thing I noticed with buces, immersed leaves never transitioned to submerged form so you clump will end up with mixture of immersed and submerged form leaves. The Velvet green that we ordered from taylors aquatics is like that right now. It's a big clump now and I hate the bottom of it a lot. I'm almost tempted to snip off the leaves but I just decided that not. Even the other buces from buceplant.com are like that. That's why whenever someone is selling buce clippings, I'm like a hawk. That way once I get the buces, at least I know they're submerged form already and will not have the ugly immersed leaves. =)

Mike16T

yeah usually leaves don't transition. Once they develop, they are set in stone. I'm actually ok with the look, it doesn't bother me.

I noticed too that overtime they will get holes on them. It's an eyesore for me.. :wink

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I did snipped off some rhizomes for her and give to her at the auction but she didn't go. The rhizomes ended up to my in laws tank that i set up the same day. =)
I even included other buces for her..

Alright alright. Rub my fishy nose in it why don't you?

julzhull

I'm mildly disappointed with how the elevateshrimp order is going. I'm trying to be patient but that's not going well. I ordered on 4/21. On 4/26 I emailed to check and see what the timeline was and he said he was backed up because he took a personal break and it should be ready in a day or two if not the weekend. Now it's 5/2 and still no updates. I'm mostly annoyed because I really want the items I ordered (shrimp food and moss ledges) for my shrimp tank. I get being a small business owner and needing to take time off but I think he should have said something about his lead time when I placed the order.

Mike16T

I'm mildly disappointed with how the elevateshrimp order is going. I'm trying to be patient but that's not going well. I ordered on 4/21. On 4/26 I emailed to check and see what the timeline was and he said he was backed up because he took a personal break and it should be ready in a day or two if not the weekend. Now it's 5/2 and still no updates. I'm mostly annoyed because I really want the items I ordered (shrimp food and moss ledges) for my shrimp tank. I get being a small business owner and needing to take time off but I think he should have said something about his lead time when I placed the order.

Sorry to hear that.. We usually don't get any issue ordering from them before . . . He's probably really busy after his personal break, but I do get what you're saying. That should be addressed once he respond to you. . .