lingotheowl

I have a 29 gallon tank with 3 angelfish , 6 blood fin tetra, 3 loaches, female betta, and a betta pallifina. My angelfish have shredded fins. My female betta has shredded fins. I've been treating the tank with melafix and I had my water tested today at farmland and was told my parameters looked safe. I don't know what to do, it's getting really bad. I'll post pictures in the comments.

lingotheowl

I have a 29 gallon tank with 3 angelfish , 6 blood fin tetra, 3 loaches, female betta, and a betta pallifina. My angelfish have shredded fins. My female betta has shredded fins. I've been treating the tank with melafix and I had my water tested today at farmland and was told my parameters looked safe. I don't know what to do, it's getting really bad. I'll post pictures in the comments.

20160529_204419.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Are all the angels fins bad or just 2 out of 3? It looks like one of em doesn't have shredded fins?

lingotheowl

2 of 3 are worse. The platinum one has a smaller tear on the back of his bottom fin though. The Black lace and koi are much worse. I've separated betta pallifina in a breeder to see if that helps , if not I'll try separating the platinum angel. I'm not seeing any aggression in the tank though.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Sounds like aggression to me. I had a wild caught Trimac that would hide anytime I was in the room ( zero aggression) and then beat up / attempt to kill everything in the tank when I wasn't in there ( heard splashing, thumps on glass) and would come back to scales floating and torn fins.

My guess is that the Angels are bickering amongst themselves.

lingotheowl

I separated the betta pallifina into a mesh breeder for now. He's the fish that's always hiding anytime I come in the room, splashing water, eating aggressively, etc. I'm planning on housing him alone. Since last night, the angels have improved and the black one has started growing his top fin back. I just hope that pallifina was the problem and not the angels themselves. I haven't seen any aggression between them.