Show your hybrids!

Knutsen1122

I'm not really into hybrids and have never kept one before now, but some are just awesome looking. Here's one I picked up a couple days ago. ( I had too):) Thai Silk x RD flower horn, about 4-5". Let's see what everyone else has.

(Got the idea from jmatthevan82's post :) )

-Colin

Madness

Staff member
I feel bad, I had one once. Here it is;

Attachments

• 2012-08-19_14-52-05_707.jpg
    2012-08-19_14-52-05_707.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
  • 2012-09-28_11-15-55_915.jpg
    2012-09-28_11-15-55_915.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
  • 2012-09-28_11-15-26_676.jpg
    2012-09-28_11-15-26_676.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151

discus_2013

Have you seen the shove nose/ redtail hybrid at aquarium paradise that thing is funny looking, both of yours look very nice.

Knutsen1122

discus_2013 said:
Have you seen the shove nose/ redtail hybrid at aquarium paradise that thing is funny looking, both of yours look very nice.
I have seen them before, I think they are pretty common. They do have a weird shape though.

anthony

[align=][/align]

The first one is a flowerhorn/jack Dempsey the second one is the hyrbrid catfish . I don't have these fish anymore.

Knutsen1122

I'm bringing this thread back because I'm very impressed with the growth on my guy, and thought I would share :)

-Colin

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430390040.773303.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430390040.773303.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 85

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Here is my 3.5" Thai silk X red dragon fader flowerhorn. He's currently fading...... I'm hoping for peach fins, red body, and blue face..... If that happens he will be known as Picasso

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

Knutsen1122

lloyd378 said:
Here is my 3.5" Thai silk X red dragon fader flowerhorn. He's currently fading...... I'm hoping for peach fins, red body, and blue face..... If that happens he will be known as Picasso
Nice! I'm interested to see how it turns out.

-Colin

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Can you see the bright yellow/orange peach colored jump on him? So crazy

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another angle that shows some color in his fins and hump, can't wait for him to peel all the way, I love the mystery of it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43

ziggyzoo

lloyd378 said:
Here's another angle that shows some color in his fins and hump, can't wait for him to peel all the way, I love the mystery of it!

What do you mean peel all the way? I know nothing at all about hybrids :)

Madness

Staff member
ziggyzoo said:
lloyd378 said:

Peeling is not a hybrid thing its an Amphilophus trait. Most Amphilophus species and FH's (because they are crossed with an Amph or 2) When born are one color but as the mature they change colors. For example, Lloyd's fish above will continue to lose most of that black color.

ziggyzoo

Madness said:
ziggyzoo said:
lloyd378 said:

Peeling is not a hybrid thing its an Amphilophus trait. Most Amphilophus species and FH's (because they are crossed with an Amph or 2) When born are one color but as the mature they change colors. For example, Lloyd's fish above will continue to lose most of that black color.

Ohhhh I see :) thanks