shellie tank!

A

Anonymous

I set up a 15 gallon tank with 6 Multi's in it this weekend. These guys are a lot of fun! I bought 5 from Midway and they threw in all the shells in the tank. I get home, put them in the tank, 2 fish pop out. Then 2 more. 2 hours later, I still only see 4 fish. Suddenly, 2 more pop out of shells! Seems there was one hiding in a shell. So now I have 6 mutli's and some shells in a little tank.

22bcc87e.jpg

0ebdaa7a.jpg

c7f5eafa.jpg

a9f5b65f.jpg

sandnuka

They are looking good spyral... like the whole setup! its really fun when they start making babies! Thats when you really get to see them act like cichlids, all aggressive, and terratorial

A

Anonymous

I ordered 72 more shells from Amazon, they will be here Wednesday. I plan on covering the bottom with shells. Then some algae growth to feed the fry (which will eventually be everywhere).

aaronfeeney

shells from s carco kit

I got a sh** load of shells from a garage sale ,, they were in a plastic tube with a can of snail meat, I guess you put the meat in the shells before serving escargot. they look just like the rounder shells in your pic.

Mikey

Bro that looks great. Lots of fun, they have a lot of personality as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy them :)

A

Anonymous

My shells arrived today! I will post pictures when I get home..they are going to love the new neighborhood!

lars on

Looks NICEEE. MAkes the tank look bigger to, beautiful shells. And I know why you really didnt get the moss. CAuse I stole it all from you.

A

Anonymous

lars on said:
Looks NICEEE. MAkes the tank look bigger to, beautiful shells. And I know why you really didnt get the moss. CAuse I stole it all from you.
You are so wise...

sandnuka

I love it... there are soooo many shells in there! looks awesome! The only thing I would like to see is the back of the tank painted vs the background.... The air bubbles, and areas that are stuck to the tank thant annoy me... lol, no offense, it really looks awesome!

A

Anonymous

that pisses me off too..gonna buy some paint this weekend and fix taht.

CrashSmAshley

Looks great! I have black plastic canvas with riccia and java moss woven through it as my background. When it spreads it looks great! Just an idea :p

Racersk

Whoa... before you take things down or fumigate the tiny African's do this, a tip I found while browsing DIY's..

Take a few drops of mineral or vegetable oil and coat the film your applying to the back of your tank for background, squeegee the air bubbles from the background with something flat, available at the auto parts stores as bondo spreaders. Gets rid of the bubbles and looks terrific!

I have no background on my main tank currently and insulation on my planted 5.5 gallon to reflect light. But when I upgrade to the 75 or better I will be doing a blue fade or complete black the same way as I described above...Simple yet effective.

sandnuka

I tried that.... background still bubbled up.... thats why I made the leap to painting all the tanks! LOVE IT!