sex of blue rams?

A

Anonymous

For the most part rams in general the males have longer fins and have better color. Usually the picks of the tanks at the pet store are the more dominate males that are displaying their color.

alexmuw

GoofyOne said:
For the most part rams in general the males have longer fins and have better color. Usually the picks of the tanks at the pet store are the more dominate males that are displaying their color.
What he said!! :cheers:

Big Dave

males = more pointed dorsal and anal fins extending past the start of the base of the tail. Males also have a 2nd or 3rd spike at the front of the dorsal that is elongated but some females have it too. Best way is the fin shape and males will tend to be bigger in size.

Females - more rounded dorsal and anal fins that are NOT longer than the start of the base of the tail.

sandnuka

Venting

Venting buddy.... only way to sex any fish..... take it out of the water... check out his/her personals.... I wrote a thing on it and posted several pictures in the breeding topic... post is called sexing your fish (venting)

Freya

If it is a female it will have a pink belly. I am not sure if females have pink bellys without a male present, I have always picked out a pair at the store so that I knew what I was taking home.