Seen any good plecos around.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Still looking for a suitable pleco for my big tank.

I think I have eliminated the idea of putting any of the bristlenose growouts in there, I just think they are too small and might not be able to handle themselves. But then again they share a 29g tank with a psycho, hyperactive male convict, so I am not so sure if it might not work.

I have found some gibby's (L083) which are very large sailfins which I really like the looks of, are pretty cheap because they are from petsmart but the potential of a 17" pleco is too much.

I also have seen some Albino Chocolate's which again are cheap but get huge also from what Ive read.

One has caught my eye, a rhino pleco which is a smaller type that get around 10" and is an omnivore that sounds like it might be able to do well with cichlids. $25 for a 4" one, and they are kind of bland looking.

So I am still on the hunt, looking for a pleco that hits 10-12", not super shy, can handle themselves around cichlids and about $20 max. I am just picky, picky picky.... :lmfao:

Well if you guys see anything out there let me know.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Zerc said:
$20! come and get him!
:)
Did you manage to figure out what was going on in the tank and get it fixed? I thought I had and still just recently lost 2 silver dollars. I am reluctant to add any expensive fish still but might consider your pleco just due to size. My little fish will grow pretty quick so I almost need to get a pleco a little bigger to give it a fighting chance.

Zerc

I "think" it was an ammonia spike. i cleaned my filters november 3rd or so and I was not as careful as i should have been cleaning the sponges, so i probably killed most of the bacteria. (thankfully the rest of the media was ok). All the fish are eating and active now.

I also bough a test kit a week ago, but if it was a spike its gone now.

yes, a REAL test kit!
:oops:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Zerc, thanks for the Pleco. Glad to have something in the tank to clean up after all the cichlids. Nice to have met you and the family! Very nice fish you have, keep up the good work! :spoton:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Here he is, promptly settled in and hid. :lmfao:

Very nice, thanks again Zerc!

Zerc

So, I have justified a "new fish" already! But I have to wait... the festae/bleekeri would NOT appreciate a fire eel just yet I think... maybe in a month or three!

:whistle: