See posts since last visit

cichlid-gal

Just an FYI...I've been noticing for some time that often I miss posts. I use the "click here to see posts since your last visit". Not sure what it tracks exactly but apparently I have missed a "ton" of posts. I'm doing some review now and find lots of threads I haven't even seen.

From now on...I'll just peruse the individual categories in the forum and hopefully will not miss so many threads.

Anyway...just sharing.

Betty

Staff member
Hmm, weird.  I've always used the "View posts since last visit" link (on the right side of the forum page) and it always shows the new posts since the last time I was logged in.  I only miss posts if I leave before I've had a chance to look at them all.

MRTom

I found that it tracks every click you make on the site for your "last visit". So if you do this:
1. Click the "posts since last visit" link
2. Click on 1 page and read it
3. Someone else posts new post A
4. Click on another page and read it <- This is now your last visit
5. Someone else posts new post B
6. Go away
7. Come back a few hours later and click the posts since last visit link
-> You will only get post B, since post A was before your last visit.

To get around this, I always click the "posts since last visit" link before going away (step 6). The site will hold your previous results for a few minutes.

... If you ever wondered what I get to do for a living, I write and debate lists like the one above... every day... too many times a day. :)

Chiisai

If you just click the "Portal" button it lists the forums most recently updated by timestamp. If you are like me and check in 2-3 times a day you just have to remember the approx time you last visited.

cichlid-gal

Well I think I figured out what "my" problem is...I am on a couple of times a day. I use my inbox to see replies to posts I have been a part of...I bounce in and out of those replies. I bet I lose the threads after I read the first reply post and when I finally get to reading the new posts or looking at "posts since last visit" the posts are minimal as I probably just visited it a couple of minutes ago to check a thread...YIKES...hmmm...oh well...like I said, I'll just check the individual forum categories...that will work better