Seachem pH Alert

julzhull

Has anyone had any experience with these? I bought one for my shrimp tank since my pH seems to be on the higher side. I wanted more exact than strips so I bought liquid pH tests and I then end up not being sure what color it's closest to. This seems to be more definitive but I'm not sure how accurate these are.
image.jpeg

FishBeast

I have used them... super inaccurate in my experience. I think the strips are a decent compromise as far as convenience and accuracy goes.

julzhull

I have used them... super inaccurate in my experience. I think the strips are a decent compromise as far as convenience and accuracy goes.
I usually love the strips but this tank I added in a bit too much coral so I wanted a better reading. I just can't decide where I'm at when I look at the reg liquid and high liquid ph test kits. Maybe I'll try them again tonight and post pics. I'm trying to figure out if I should take more coral out.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I usually love the strips but this tank I added in a bit too much coral so I wanted a better reading. I just can't decide where I'm at when I look at the reg liquid and high liquid ph test kits. Maybe I'll try them again tonight and post pics. I'm trying to figure out if I should take more coral out.

Well I DO have experience with taking teeeny tiny coral rocks out of substrate. Remember this? I still have nightmares about it and high PH readings.....

Rocks from Hell.jpg

julzhull

Well I DO have experience with taking teeeny tiny coral rocks out of substrate. Remember this? I still have nightmares about it and high PH readings.....

View attachment 4027

I do remember that! Luckily all my coral is in one spot mixed with sand so it's easyish to remove.

You still get high ph readings after no coral?