~~~Sad News~~~

Wolf-Keeper1

I'm at work on my phone. And my gf called and said my bowfin jumped ship. There was a glass lid on the tank and he wasn't big enough to push it. Or so I thought. :( that really bites.

sandnuka

WHAT???! he jumped out of the tank??? that is insane! thought he would be occupied in a 125gal to himself... lol

And yeah, that really sucks... sorry for your loss!

sidekicking

Oh that totally blows man
after spending all that time deciding which fish you wanted and he goes and jumps out the tank sorry for the loss

Wolf-Keeper1

sandnuka said:
WHAT???! he jumped out of the tank??? that is insane! thought he would be occupied in a 125gal to himself... lol

And yeah, that really sucks... sorry for your loss!
thanks man. Sucks for sure.

protocl said:
or may be the lid was open or left unattended.

so sorry for your loss.
nope not left open. But it was unattended considering I was at work. Thanks.

sidekicking said:
Oh that totally blows man
after spending all that time deciding which fish you wanted and he goes and jumps out the tank sorry for the loss
thanks man. I don't know what I will do next. Maybe just go with the original plan and get the wolf.

Wolf-Keeper1

protocl said:
or may be the lid was open or left unattended.

so sorry for your loss.
wait I should add that there is about an inch maybe inch and a half gap from were my filter tubes and the glass meet. And after looking at where the gf said she found the fish. I would think it was possible for it to get out that way. But it would have def have to work at it since it's head was about and inch wide. So there was an opening there.

Betty

Staff member
You never know with fish, they can get out of the smallest openings sometimes. Really sorry you lost him.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your fishaay.

We had a Snowflake Moray Eel get into the bio chamber of an all-in-one SW tank once. It had to get into the intake and past a power head to get in there. To this day I have no idea how it got into the bio chamber without getting chopped up by the impeller..lol.

Ashley

Sorry about your loss. We all learn from that one though! We have has a couple arowanas jump out of the tiniest hole that we didn't even think he would fit through. I say if you really liked the bowfin, get another!

shua

im sorry to hear that man, @ least there is more their.

but it really sucks the drive is crazy.

Wolf-Keeper1

Spyral said:
Sorry to hear about your fishaay.

We had a Snowflake Moray Eel get into the bio chamber of an all-in-one SW tank once. It had to get into the intake and past a power head to get in there. To this day I have no idea how it got into the bio chamber without getting chopped up by the impeller..lol.
Yeah if I would have Known that thing could have fit I would have done something different. I mean it would've had to work to get out, sucks that it was succesful.

Ashley said:
Sorry about your loss. We all learn from that one though! We have has a couple arowanas jump out of the tiniest hole that we didn't even think he would fit through. I say if you really liked the bowfin, get another!
I honestly did really like that fish, i was looking at youtube and how they look when they get bigger, i saw people catching them on rod and reel. When they opened there mouth it was full of teeth, i mean i really wanted to see how it would grow. We'll see though I'm not sure what i'm going to do. Right now i have a flowerhorn the size of a quater in the tank just to have something in there.

shua said:
im sorry to hear that man, @ least there is more their.

but it really sucks the drive is crazy.
Yeah, the drive really sucks and it isnt easy to find somebody to watch 3 kids while i leave for a few hours but I'll figure something out.

crazyfish253

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
free for you i grew him from a egg 1 mean sob

Wolf-Keeper1

I really do appreciate the offer especially since you did raise your jag from an egg. But I am growing out some dovii in my 100 gallon tank and will be using my 125 for a wolffish or similar. But I honestly appreciate such a generous offer. But thank you.

Addictedtofish

I was over at bobby's house from bobby's water world and we were talked about the day he shipped in snakeheads for research purposes and how at night with plexi glass lids on the tank the snakehead had jumped up and knocked the lid off and jumped out and started crawling across the floor. So he ended up buying some clamps for the lid and the fish still at night would slam against the lid and he would have to go out and check on the fish to see if they got out. So its very possible your bowfin did something like this and the lid had just slammed against the lid and jumped out and lid just fell back down.

Wolf-Keeper1

Yeah a crazy situation altogether. Thanks for chiming in. You think it has to do with the lights? I normally leave my lights on till I get home. But I did notice that I hear splashing when the lights are out. But I thought it was eating/chasing the couple guppies I put in there.