~~~Sad News~~~ (the remake)

rattle1972

i have absolutely no idea how it happened. but woke up this morning came into the fish room and on the floor, my 7inch female umbee!!!

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

rattle1972

definetly not enough room aound the filter hoses.. its a acrylic tank so not many openings up top... the only thing i can figure is the covers start to bow upwards. i flip them over every now and then. she might of hit the top just right to get out, but neither of the lids were out of place.

HALP

Ah that sucks man, sorry for the loss. I sometimes wonder if fish have some kind of teleportation skills.

alexmuw

That sucks man. I know there's a lot of hard work that goes into growing those suckers out.

For this exact reason, I built wooden hoods over all my tanks. I have soem big fish that have tried to jump out before.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to read this Keith. Was your wife mad at you recently?

rattle1972

Spyral said:
Sorry to read this Keith. Was your wife mad at you recently?
lol, ya that was my first thought.. but then i relized she would neverrrrrrrrrrr reach into the tank no matter how upset she was.

sandnuka

jeeez... Crazy how fish keep jumpin out! lol... they want freedom that bad?! I know yours was in a mixed tank, you think someone chased it enough so it just committed suicide?

regan24

:( super sad. I'm sorry! Sometimes it's almost as if they have little suction cups and are just a wee bit suicidal. :(:(:(

oh , oh .... that sucks ..it happened to me a month ago with my female dovii .... sometimes i think the males just want a divorce so they toss them out on there bare fin ..lol