FS SA collection

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
This is a very hard decision to make but my water does not support soft water fish. So….
4 Silver Dollars, Spotted, mixed group
M hypsauchen mixed group
$100 Xlg H liberifer severum male
$10 1 Xlg G brasiliensis female

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Those are some great fish! The Orinocodoris Eigenmani are not that common so definitely a bargain for someone.

clownie

Wow! Just saw this. What type of water do you have? What direction are you going? Man! So many questions!!! LOL

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Probably same as you. My tap measures ph 8.2, Kh 7 and Gh north of 25. I’m moving to Lake tanganyika.
Sometimes I forget you are in a different water district area. (Tacoma?) You are not that far away in U.P. and yet different source than what I have in Lakewood. According to Lakewood Water all our water comes from underground aquafers with no surface, or recycled water used. I hadn't measured my tap water ph in years but I seem to remember it seemed to hover right at 7.0 to 7.2. I should retest one of these days to see.

Out of curiosity, is the water consistently that measurement, does it vary by season or time of year? I ask because the Tacoma water website says: "The source of our water supply varies throughout the year, depending on the season, weather, snowpack level, inflows and water storage conditions."

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Sometimes I forget you are in a different water district area. (Tacoma?) You are not that far away in U.P. and yet different source than what I have in Lakewood. According to Lakewood Water all our water comes from underground aquafers with no surface, or recycled water used. I hadn't measured my tap water ph in years but I seem to remember it seemed to hover right at 7.0 to 7.2. I should retest one of these days to see.

Out of curiosity, is the water consistently that measurement, does it vary by season or time of year? I ask because the Tacoma water website says: "The source of our water supply varies throughout the year, depending on the season, weather, snowpack level, inflows and water storage conditions."
I don’t think it does. Memory serves it has been around 8 when I have tested tap or tank.

hyp3rcrav3

I'm lucky with Seattle water as snow tun off. It needs a little chlorine remover but sometimes the levels are so low a mistake of forgetting to add Prime on my part doesn't hurt the fish.

Chicago water is like hitting fish with an iron pipe.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Spotted Silver Dollars, mixed group $5ea
M hypsauchen Silver Dollars mixed group $7ea
3 H liberifer severums. Xlg male, Lg male, med unknown $30ea
$10 1 Xlg G brasiliensis female
$20 pair G pyrosephalus have some HITH scars. I also have juveniles but they to have HITH.
6 striped raphaels $10ea
3 spotted raphaels. 1xlg female and 2 males $15ea
2 Orinocodoris Eigenmani $10ea