Rummy Nose - Spawning?

julzhull

I have a school of 14-15 (they move too fast to count) rummy nose tetras that are really healthy. I noticed that one of them all of a sudden seems much larger than the others, how likely would it be that it could be carrying eggs? I don't think they would be easy to spawn so I'm curious if it's that or something else.

TennisAngel

I have a school of 14-15 (they move too fast to count) rummy nose tetras that are really healthy. I noticed that one of them all of a sudden seems much larger than the others, how likely would it be that it could be carrying eggs? I don't think they would be easy to spawn so I'm curious if it's that or something else.
I have the same thing! Only 10 runny nose, but I too have one that is much larger. (They are all different sizes and yet they were all the same in the beginning. I have had them for a long time, and over the months I have noticed that a couple are more aggressive with obtaining their food. My guess for my rummynose is just some eat more, but I am not an expert. ;)

julzhull

I have the same thing! Only 10 runny nose, but I too have one that is much larger. (They are all different sizes and yet they were all the same in the beginning. I have had them for a long time, and over the months I have noticed that a couple are more aggressive with obtaining their food. My guess for my rummynose is just some eat more, but I am not an expert. ;)
That might make sense. I have so many it's hard to tell if any are aggressive with food. They zip around so much!

TennisAngel

That might make sense. I have so many it's hard to tell if any are aggressive with food. They zip around so much!
I once tried to catch them and move them to a different tank. (They kept eating my angelfish fry!) I couldn't even catch one! They are extremely quick! I gave up! They are a permanent resident of that tank!