Resealing Tanks

flamechica

Is there any brand of seal that comes in the tubes that you can put in a caulking gun that is aquarium safe? All I am coming up with comes in those small, hard to squeeze tubes. So, I figured I would ask the experts here. Trying to make hubby's job of resealing my hex tank a little easier.

KaraWolf

Yes there is from the hardware store. Dont remember what its called but it comes in a tube meant for a caulking gun, and doesnt have any antifungal properties is a major requirement.

flamechica

Thanks! I knew there HAD to be something else besides those tiny, hard to work with tubes. And thanks for the link, I will show that to my hubby.

flamechica

Thanks, tazeat! You know, my hubby did come home with a tube of silicone the other day and then went and returned it, because he had read online that it was ok for aquariums and then once he got home with it, he read on the back it wasn't. I wonder if it was the GE kind that you guys were talking about the formula being changed in the thread you linked to. I will have to ask him when he gets home.

flamechica

We have a grainger nearby, but the thread you linked to someone said they don't carry it in Everett....wonder if they were just out of it at that time, or if they just don't stock it there. I will have to check.