Red Texas symptoms of bloat

Tank

I put him in a quarantine med tank yesterday and put clout in the water his belly is still bloated and I haven't tried to feed him at all he hasn't eaten in 3 days, I replaced 25% of the water today and added more medicine. He kind of hides by the filter and mostly stays in the top portion of the tank and stringy white/clear poop. Is there anyone who has had experience with this that can give me some advice? Please and thank you.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Are you sure it's bloat? Could it be some internal parasites? How big is it? Any pics?

Tank

About 3 inches just body. But if it was a parasite clout would take care of that too wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Tank

I'm not sure if it was a parasite or not but I treated it with clout and general cure and surprisingly two days ago he started eating! I'm not sure if he is getting better or if he is just giving it his last shot before he gives up but I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst at this point.

Tank

I know I had thought he was just full also for the first few days but then I realized he wasn't eating at all and was still looking even fuller than than :/ but his stomach has gone down a bit and he is more active now and slowly starting to eat again! I got my fingers crossed!