Red Burundi Frontosa

A

Anonymous

Crap. They aren't natural. Pretty much they are the result of poor breeding lines. You find them in the Burundi family because they are the most exploited of the Frontosa collection points.

Avoid them.

sandnuka

We had a discussion on this at frontosa.com when I was a frontosa breeder.... pink/red/copper frontosa.... Well they arent in the wild, I think they look horrible when they're adults.... I believe it was a albino gene that has bread to become that color, so now its a hybrid frontosa!

I wouldnt keep them, I wouldnt breed them

Addictedtofish

I had originally seen some on display at Conway Tropical They were around 5 to 6" still holding there color but I agree there isnt enough color in them to make them that pleasing to the eye, there is also the so called black widow frontosa, to me I would prefer to have that as non breeding pet than the red frontosa.

A

Anonymous

im not sure where they originate,i saw my first ones at conway and really love them,i found these in indonesia ,they were spendy im sure they were farm raised,,i had to get 40 of them to get a price break ,i now only have 15 and ive taken the price tag off of them ,,gonna be a hefty breeding group,

ive got my wild mpimbwe here to that are my pets ,im a front fan,i like em all,and as always one fish type doesn't seem to please everyone ,

i like the red front ,Jim likes them ,everyone is free to come look,they look real nice with my calvus and tropheus ,

peace

mine are getting pretty nice looking ,i saved 15 out of the 40 i imported ,i just happened to stumble across this old post,the stripes on them are beginning to look a rust color .when i can determine male and female ill choose a group and find homes for the rest.

me

Hardly anyone will post quality pics of their own. I am one of those skeptics cause I have seen many crappy looking ones, and then washed out pics that look edited to make them look pink or red. It's a pigment thing. not quite albino, but lacking blue and black pigment. Kinda looks like a stressed out front IMO.

hi me!!

im a real rookie when it comes to pics,my 15 red kids look real sharp,i really dont see any type of albino traits or any relation to an albino fish at all,

on the mosta frontosa sight it looks like the Cyphotilapia sp. "North" Ubwari,have a bit of the red/brown tint to them,

i sold the heck out of these at a decent buck each.i had 40 ,im hangin on to these to play arround with .

the ones i have are farm raised in Indonesia,on the list they called them brown frontosa,

i have my mpimbwe from blue chip here to ,im hoping the red kids get a big head like the burundi.

any fish looks more real in person,,,,,,

me

They are not albino. They are a Burundi type with a pigment deficiency. Something like leucistic. It's not a fish I would personally want. A true Leucistic Front would be much more to my liking. I'm sure someone on this site would be willing to come and take some pics of these with a decent camera for you and post them so we can all decide.

decide what?

not for sale,i told 2 groups of folks that at my shop today ,

like any fish type ,you either like em or you don't.as the owner of my store i will decide who will and who wont take pictures @ this time im not sending out any invites .

public opinion has its worth as to what they may want for me to carry.and i welcome it from this site from time to time.

as far as what i like for my own projects ill make those choices myself.

the person that started this thread wanted me to save him 5 when i put the last few on sale,after posting this thread decided not to based on others and their opinions.

forums and members who share actual experience really rock. i feel i do best day by day taking opinions for what they are,

i wouldn't let another mans opinion hold me back from experiencing something im interested in.the red front's made money and brought happiness to me and others ..

good experience and good business ,i may try again with these soon ,Bangkok has them for a good price,,come look if you want to,no pictures with out my permission,as with most shops

me

I simply meant Decide whether we like them or not. Nothing to do with purchasing. Just have never seen any quality pics of them, and it is becoming a theme.

Adonijah

Fronts are ugly.. Atleast that one at Sierra in Renton is, I swear he gives me the stink eye everytime I look at him haha

me

Not all fronts are ugly ;)

septmikula6.jpg

By lazydaze at 2010-09-24