reconstructing a sump

Ripley71

I just got a second hand sump I intended to use for my planted aquarium. I measured before but apparently did not measure the door space - stupid me. Now - how easy is it to take it apart & rebuilding it in the stand?

clownie

What's it made of? If it's glass you would just bust out the silicone take it apart and reassemble.

L190

It's acrylic. Not as easy?
not easy at all. The acylic is bonded together so you'll most likely break the tank. With my stands, i had to take off a panel on the stand and slide in the sump. What size is the sump? what size is the door opening? I might have an extra sump if you are interested.

Ripley71

I'm not sure that I have the space to cut the side of the stand. The sump needs to be big enough for my 120 & I wanted to do something different with this planted tank. Do you have an extra one?

L190

Not sure. when I build my stands, I tend to go overboard and reinforce the he'll out of it

Ripley71

Ok. Ill have to look online, or see if anybody has some instructions or pictures of reinforcements. I think what I have is your standard petstore stand. The things I have to go through just to have a sump fit:).

L190

If it is your standard pet store stand, you might want to build a stand yourself. I don't trust stands that use mdf