FS Random Small Fish, killies, and Malawa shrimp

clifford

I have a few random fish I'd like to find new homes for.

Fundulopanchax gardneri (aquarium strain)- 1 male - $4

Aphyosemion australe (aquarium strain) - small pairs, but probably already breeding, great nano tank fish - $12/pr

Moscow Blue/Black Guppies - Offspring from Moscow Blue's I originally bought at Aquarium Zen. Most have come out as blacks, but some have random colors or patterns (as will other offspring the adults produce). Still a nice decent sized guppy. If your water is like mine, I would recommend keeping these with crushed coral/shells/hard water. They're quite robust, but don't do as well in soft water. I have about 10 of these left. $5/each

Platys - I think there are only two of these left, free if you're getting anything else and you let me know beforehand so I can have them trapped out and ready to go.

Malawa shrimp - I seem to always have more of these than I need - $1each/minimum 20

Peacock Gudgeons - One of the prettiest small-tank fish that exists that isn't a killie (I'm biased). Older breeders and young offspring available. - $5/each

Aphyosemion ogoense ogoense GHP 80 24 - 3 males - worst luck, no females left, but these young males look great, and are already pretty decently colored up, great nano tank fish. I sold their parents at the last GSAS general auction - $10/each

Ilyodon furcidens - young offspring from adults purchased from Greg Sage (Select Aquatics) - "Trout/Bass Goodeid". I would describe these things as relatively territorial, and they get bigger than most of the fish I have (~4+ inches). They don't bother the platys in the tank at all, but the spawning pair took out the other adults in the tank, so wouldn't put them with delicate tank mates. Great shine, pretty, cool water, cool natural/native looking fish - $5/each

Diapteron fulgens - 2 young males, pretty, unusual, great nano tank fish - $10/each

Aphyosemion cyanostictum 'Makoukou' - Gabon Jewelfish - I'd love to see this one established in our local hobby, I don't see many diapterons around. Just so I've said it, the most impressive photos you'll see of these fish online are the effect of serious lighting and perfect fin flares. They're pretty, but please don't expect the males to be strutting that way all the time, or you'll be disappointed. They are TINY, great nano tank fish - $20/pr, pairs only.

I live in Shoreline for pick up/meet up, and work downtown (across the street from Westlake Center) and can meet within 5 blocks of there or so as long as it doesn't take too much time from work. I like to talk fish, but would not have much time if meeting downtown.

Thanks for looking! Please feel free to ask questions or PM, but don't be offended if it takes me some time to get back to you, my hobby time is limited, so I get to it as I can.

Last edited:

clifford

Shoreline, about a mile west of Exit 175 on I-5. Lots of Gudgeons, probably 10 or more subadults and 10 or so adults.

Eric

I am interested in the Malala shrimp and fudge one and possibly a few others. Are you available today as I also live in Shoreline?

Eric

Aphyosemion australe (aquarium strain) - small pairs, but probably already breeding, great nano tank fish - $12/pr

Moscow Blue/Black Guppies - Offspring from Moscow Blue's I originally bought at Aquarium Zen. Most have come out as blacks, but some have random colors or patterns (as will other offspring the adults produce). Still a nice decent sized guppy. If your water is like mine, I would recommend keeping these with crushed coral/shells/hard water. They're quite robust, but don't do as well in soft water. I have about 10 of these left. $5/each

Platys - I think there are only two of these left, free if you're getting anything else and you let me know beforehand so I can have them trapped out and ready to go.

Malawa shrimp - I seem to always have more of these than I need - $1each/minimum 20

Peacock Gudgeons - One of the prettiest small-tank fish that exists that isn't a killie (I'm biased). Older breeders and young offspring available. - $5/each

Aphyosemion ogoense ogoense GHP 80 24 - 3 males - worst luck, no females left, but these young males look great, and are already pretty decently colored up, great nano tank fish. I sold their parents at the last GSAS general auction - $10/each

Ilyodon furcidens - young offspring from adults purchased from Greg Sage (Select Aquatics) - "Trout/Bass Goodeid". I would describe these things as relatively territorial, and they get bigger than most of the fish I have (~4+ inches). They don't bother the platys in the tank at all, but the spawning pair took out the other adults in the tank, so wouldn't put them with delicate tank mates. Great shine, pretty, cool water, cool natural/native looking fish - $5/each

Diapteron fulgens - 2 young males, pretty, unusual, great nano tank fish - $10/each

Aphyosemion cyanostictum 'Makoukou' - Gabon Jewelfish - I'd love to see this one established in our local hobby, I don't see many diapterons around. Just so I've said it, the most impressive photos you'll see of these fish online are the effect of serious lighting and perfect fin flares. They're pretty, but please don't expect the males to be strutting that way all the time, or you'll be disappointed. They are TINY, great nano tank fish - $20/pr, pairs only.

I live in Shoreline for pick up/meet up, and work downtown (across the street from Westlake Center) and can meet within 5 blocks of there or so as long as it doesn't take too much time from work. I like to talk fish, but would not have much time if meeting downtown.

Thanks for looking! Please feel free to ask questions or PM, but don't be offended if it takes me some time to get back to you, my hobby time is limited, so I get to it as I can.
Hi my name is Eric and I contacted you before the new year and I'm interested in some shrimp and fish and was wondering when would be a good time to come by. I live in Shoreline and it looks like you do as well so I am very close.

Eric

I was hoping that perhaps he would be available today so that I could perhaps get some of the shrimp and gudgeons, I spoke to you before the New Year's but you were headed out of town I also live in ShorelineSo please let me know if there is a time that would work for me to come by.

Ali

Hey Cliff.

What would be an okay setup for a single diapteron fulgens? I've been tempted to try one of the little killies, but am officially out of room for tanks. New additions would need to be okay with 5g or less simple setups, like sponge filter/heater and not much else. I know some killies will live joyfully in our soft tap water in jars and (what feels like to me) a surprising amount of neglect. Would these guys be an option?