Pump for Water Changes...

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
I'm looking for suggestions for a submersible pump to use during my water changes. I hook the pump up to a hose, and pump the tank water out a window and into the garden. My current pump is getting cranky after only one year, so I'm looking for suggestions. I think the current pump is ~1000 GPH, and it would be nice to have something a bit more powerful. TIA.

John58Ford

I'm a fan of the jajale pumps, I've used tons of the smaller ones and tested head and gph claims and they've all been close. The biggest I use regularly is a ~750 gph but I have an ~1100 gph out in my trailer I used to use when I did water changes the hard way. Never had one break down on me either.

I wouldn't hesitate to order or recommend them as water change or feature pumps, I've moved on to a different brand for DC pumps though, but that's not worth the price jump for water changing.

JAJALE 1450 GPH Submersible Water Pump Ultra Quiet for Pond,Aquarium,Fish Tank,Fountain,Hydroponics https://a.co/d/86HTqlm

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Thanks for the tip; that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I had a pump long ago that lasted for many years- I don't remember the brand- but the last two I've had lasted two and one year, respectively, so obviously I've not chosen well. I'll give the Jajale a go.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Back in June 2021 I got a Hygger one on Amazon that was rated at 1180gph and its still running with about a once a week use for the 300g tank. When I look for them now, its one of those "not found" items... so not much of a help.