Polleni ( Madagascar cichlid)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
CE29F39D-1845-42FC-883F-8F37C6033FB8.jpeg CCFDFF2D-4634-4D80-B0EC-68D40BD8C096.jpeg 4E72C9FF-A039-4573-960E-86552E027333.jpeg I got this sweet fish from a member here ( seochlid ) and never got around to posting him to you all to show off.

it is my hope to get a colony of these going in my 180 sometime soon, but finding them during the pandemic has been a bit tricky.... anyways, here it is! ( this was right after I got him... he is currently alone as the pike he was with starter nipping his tail)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378,
Bump for updates. How is this one doing?
He was doing amazing until I brought in the Midas group for madness.....

whem they first got here, he put them in their place, but one day out of the blue they killed him. I came out to the entire group enjoying a polleni meal.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
When I can source a young group, I’m going to do it again but attempt to raise a colony and get some breeding going on

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, so sorry to hear that. That was a very nice fish to lose! I think both Wet Spot and TUIC have them in stock right now but they are like 2” fish. I had one quite a while back that you ended up with and it seemed like it never was black but more of a brown/green. This one you had was a nice color in comparison.

Was asking about it because I heard these guys can have a very Oscar like personality. Was considering replacing out the trimac with something unusual like this...

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, so sorry to hear that. That was a very nice fish to lose! I think both Wet Spot and TUIC have them in stock right now but they are like 2” fish. I had one quite a while back that you ended up with and it seemed like it never was black but more of a brown/green. This one you had was a nice color in comparison.

Was asking about it because I heard these guys can have a very Oscar like personality. Was considering replacing out the trimac with something unusual like this...
I would! Mine would come and beg from me until the Midas took over!

when I had your old one, I had him with the other one I had... back then one was considered a polleni and the other was considered a bleekeri ( large spot vs small spot) but I learned recently that they are all considered polleni now with regional variants ( and with collection point identification ). Had those old two for close to four years after getting them from you and then reluctantly sold them when an offer came in too good to pass up....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting about the name change. I had seen some talk about that on another forum.