plywood fish tank

L190

I have seen many youtube videos of plywood fish tanks and I'm interested in building one someday. I was wondering if anyone here has built one. If someone has, what tips can you offer a person thinking of building one.

CMooreCichlids

Reading, lots and lots of reading.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... ng.288821/

Are you skilled with woodcrafts and hand tools? If not, you're gonna wanna find somebody who is good with their hands and power tools.

The bigger you go, the more money you save versus a regular tank. Normally folks say 240g+ for plywood, but if you have spare glass laying around, any size tank is doable.

There's lots of builds out there, but the most successful layer plywood, fiberglass, and waterproofing epoxy.

I've spent the last 2 years planning and watching builds, once I get my new 180g installed I foresee a 700g pbass tank in my future.

If I cant give you an answer, I'll surely be able to find it for you and if you need help building a plywood tank, shoot me a PM, I'll be glad to lend a hand if available.

Chris

L190

Thanks chris. I have been interested in plywood tanks since I bought a huge tank and found out I could of built one at a fraction of the cost. Since then I have been reading up and watching uarujoey on youtube with his past and present videos. I'm not the best with hand tools but I am not the worst. I will probably take my time on this since I am in no hurry.