Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

Madness

Staff member
Re: Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

I want to thank all of you that made comments. I dont know where my manners were. :nutkick: 

Here are a couple more from today.

A Goldie L014, and a Blue eyed albino Bristlenose
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Madness

Staff member

Thought I would continue to share pics.  Please if any of you have some awesome exotic plecos, please take some pics and feel free to post them here. If you do post pics please add the L# or name with the pic. I am always looking for some new ones.

L134 Lepord Frog
20130721.jpg
" />
20130722.jpg
" />
Blue eyed albino Bristlenose Male
20130723.jpg
" />
Same as above, hoping a female
20130724.jpg
" />
L200 Green Phantom
20130725.jpg
" />
L014 Goldie
20130726.jpg
" />
L085 Gold Nugget
20130727.jpg
" />
L066 King Tiger
20130728.jpg
" />
1 of my 3 Vampires
20130729.jpg
" />
A huge common :)
20130730.jpg
" />

Betty

Staff member

madness said:
Thought I would continue to share pics.  Please if any of you have some awesome exotic plecos, please take some pics and feel free to post them here.  If you do post pics please add the L# or name with the pic.  I am always looking for some new ones.
That's really an awesome collection, madness.

The only plecos I have other than my bristlenose, regular and albino, are two leopard frog plecos. I'm not sure, but I think they are both females.  Do you know the sex of yours?

L134

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Wow those things 'pop' on the black sand!

Not to derail but what are you using? Is it the Black Diamond Blasting Sand? I need some black sand ideas....

Madness

Staff member

Very nice Betty.

I dont know what I have, here is what it says for sexing: "Males develop small teeth-like odontodes which adorn the leading pectoral fin rays and the back half of the fishes body. Females remain unadorned and have a wider girth across the body most evident when the area just behind the pectoral fins is viewed from above."

Betty

Staff member

Mine had that wide girth when they were younger, but have slimmed down since then and I'm not sure about the odontodes.  Sometimes I think they have them and sometimes not. :scratch: 

DMD, that's Tahitian moon sand.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Thanks, Betty

Peylix

15531510.jpg

L155 Adonis
He resides in my 55g (I know Adonis gets VERY large) I hope by the time he needs to be moved to a larger tank I'll have one set up.

Madness

Staff member

Peylix said:
15531510.jpg

L155 Adonis
He resides in my 55g (I know Adonis gets VERY large) I hope by the time he needs to be moved to a larger tank I'll have one set up.
Been looking everywhere for one of these, any interest in selling it?

Peylix

Madness said:
Peylix said:
15531510.jpg

L155 Adonis
Been looking everywhere for one of these, any interest in selling it?
Not anytime soon. Just got him a couple weeks ago. Though If I ever need to re home. You will be the first to know.

Madness

Staff member

Where did you get him? Been looking everywhere.

Peylix

Madness said:
Where did you get him?  Been looking everywhere.  
Aquarium Co-Op actually. Dunno if Cory will have any more soon or whatnot but you can always ask him if he can get another?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

I can usually get them. However last week they were out. I get them in at least once a month depending on how many I think I can sell in a short period of time :p

ArtPleco

Do you have photos of your tank setups? Your collection is awesome. Very cool to see someone local with as many as you do!

ziggyzoo

Love your plecos! My favs have always been royal, gold nugget, medussa, and bristlenose. If i get one, which would you suggest? :)

flamechica

ArtPleco said:
Do you have photos of your tank setups? Your collection is awesome. Very cool to see someone local with as many as you do!

I know you weren't talking to me, but Madness posted a video for me to see his pleco tank on one of my threads. You can see it here: viewtopic.php?p=113618#p113618

Just skip over the first 5 min where he is talking about a contest that is already over. It's a pretty amazing video of his pleco tank.

Madness

Staff member
Thanks everyone, I just posted an update post with more pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11566

@ArtPleco I do have some pictures of the tank but because I float plants in there and I keep the water so dark, pictures are difficult.

@ziggyzoo Thank you, I love those as well. I just recently grabbed an L090, you will have to go check him out at the link above. He is the first pic. :)

@flamechica No worries, feel free to link or post anything that you saw or read on here. :)