Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

Madness

Staff member
Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

I have been trying to get some decent pictures of my plecos, and I finally got one of my Favs and I have to show it off first.

this is a L075 Para Pleco
20130710.jpg
" />

L333 yellow King Tiger
78881610.jpg
" />

L029 Vampire
78881611.jpg
" />

LDA033 Snowball
img_0110.jpg
" />

L114 Leopard Cactus
img_0111.jpg
" />

L081 Gold Nugget
img_0112.jpg
" />

L264 Sultan

Will add more as soon as I find them.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

that golden vampire reminds me of some of the sharks at point defiance

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

The L114 Leopard Cactus is my favorite.

Madness

Staff member

A few more

L239 Blue Panaque/ L018 Gold Nugget
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Another Vampire L029
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

L260 Queen Arabesque
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

L190 Royal Pleco
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

I have about 20 more plecos, but unfortunately rarely see them. lol I will update as I catch them. Thanks for looking. :)

cichlid-gal

Thanks for sharing Madness. Those are all awesome and so unique. Looking forward to seeing more.

A

Anonymous

Very nice collection of exotics! Thanks for sharing Madness.

Paintguy

Wow.. you must have spent a long time finding all of those. Looks great.

Betty

Staff member

All really cool. I don't think I could pick a favorite. Are they all singles or do you have any pairs?

Madness

Staff member

Betty said:
All really cool.  I don't think I could pick a favorite. Are they all singles or do you have any pairs?
All singles. I tried to put the Vampires together but they just fought. I will be adding anothe L264, L075 to the tank. Not sure how to sex most of these so hopefully I get lucky. Going to pick up another Blue Panaque also.

A

Anonymous

If you get lucky in breeding them. Are selling frys? Wants cool looking pleco.

Madness

Staff member

If I get lucky breeding? Definitely will be selling. Some of these plecos are around $40+ others more than that at about 2-3". My goal on all of the expensive fish and plecos, is to breed them and offer them at a great discount. Still helping me for my time and costs and helping you to get a nice fish/pleco at a 25-40% discount.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

With the proposed bans being imposed on plecos being exported from some countries, captive breed fish will become more common. Hope you have success and looking forward to getting some from you.

A

Anonymous

Especially like your Para, blue panaque, and royal plecos.

Madness

Staff member

DMD123 said:
With the proposed bans being imposed on plecos being exported from some countries, captive breed fish will become more common. Hope you have success and looking forward to getting some from you.
I have been hearing about these bands, but not sure if they are in effect just yet. This is probably the reason the prices on some of these are shooting through the roof.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Yep, you have gold on your hands. Just got to get those pleco going. The magic water must only work on cichlids? :lmfao: 

nick_76

theres sure quite a variety in plecos no doubt about that...I have just an ordinary brown pleco and what a beat it is! it was only maybe a scrawny 3 inches when I got it a month or two ago, but its about 7 inches now...hope it doesn't grow too big or aquire a taste for discus slime...id hate to have to rehome this guy...its cool and I haven't had to scrape my glass at all in quite some time...take that, mag-float!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I dont have any fancy plecos right now, in fact they have been one of the worst fish for me to keep. I seem to have a hard time keeping them alive. But I have had great success with the common sailfin and currently a rhino pleco. But I do love he way they look and want to try my hand at some again. Love when madness posts pics of his. though I feel he is missing the one special pleco.... the Adonis. :tongue: 

Madness

Staff member

Dude, I have everyone looking for that pleco for me. I want one bad. :violent: :swear: :nutkick: 

A

Anonymous

madness said:
Dude, I have everyone looking for that pleco for me.  I want one bad.  :violent: :swear: :nutkick: 
"Adonis"

I believe I seen a specimen at Bridges Pet a couple months ago. Something I never seen before, I stared at it for about 5 minutes everytime I made a trip there. I remember it clearly, if its the same species you two are talking about. This guy was about 7-9 inches, long whispy tail, dark in color with spots? I dont remember a price & it was gone within a month. Bridges is common to see exotics but never for sale. Then all of the sudden ..... gone .....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

The Adonis is awesome as a small specimen but as full grown adults they become too much to handle.