Please Help! Sick Swordtail

Flynn

What Is happening To my female swordtail? She was perfectly fine yesterday but is now floating at the top of my tank. She seems to be swollen near the anal fin. IMG_2238.JPG

PLEASE HELP!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Checking in on this thread. I've actually been concerned about your fish! (I know. I need more hobbies)

I hope @FishBeast is right. Not keeping us updated on this thread would be criminal. Just sayin'.

Flynn

My swordtail just passsed away :( I think it might have had something to do with her digestive system. A blockage or something. I appreciate everyone who has replied and been wanting to help. It means a lot. But, it happens, fish will die.

FishBeast

My swordtail just passsed away :( I think it might have had something to do with her digestive system. A blockage or something. I appreciate everyone who has replied and been wanting to help. It means a lot. But, it happens, fish will die.

Sorry to hear that... :(

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

So sorry. It does happen but it's always always always sad when it does. :(

I lost a big fancy catfish of some kind -- no idea what it was -- to ick - but not without medicines and daily water changes and a lot of worry - for two whole weeks. I can company staying with me at the time and she thought I was nuts going through all of this for a fish. I also ended up losing a long finned rosy barb during the same melee - but everyone else (2 Calico angels, 3 giant danios, 1 long finned rosy barb, bristlenose pleco) came though with flying colors.

I saw it as a personal miracle that I would like to attribute to Saint Frangelico. (delicious way to quell fish worries)