Platy: Pregnancy, or over feeding?

TeamFerret

Hello, gang!

I'm a noobie, so please be patient with me, and if I've posted in the wrong forum, I'll gladly move this to where it belongs. I have a 20g tall tank that I've been cultivating plants in and adding stock to over the last 2 months. I have two dalmation platy girls that are very round, but one in particular has signs that, I think, mean that she'd pretty close to bearing fry. There haven't been any males in the tank, although they were mixed in the shop tank when I got them. I know already that it may also be a case of me overfeeding, but I've read in other forums about being able to see the eyes of, or the shape of fry in their mama just before the magic moment, so I'm a bit curious as to what I'm observing, and would appreciate some input. Are those dark spots kids, or poop? Ha! Thanks!
Dottie.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hi Team Ferret... oh I hope you post ferret pics in the Lounge area. I'd come back to see that. Love them varmits.

I'm not a Platy person but I am a beginner cheerleader! My guess is she's pregnant. My guess is that you're going to be a proud fishbreeder in no time.

TeamFerret

Hi Team Ferret... oh I hope you post ferret pics in the Lounge area. I'd come back to see that. Love them varmits.

I'm not a Platy person but I am a beginner cheerleader! My guess is she's pregnant. My guess is that you're going to be a proud fishbreeder in no time.

VickiK, I don't have any ferrets, but my last name is Ferret, so do pictures of me count? J/K! I've heard snickers my whole life when people see my name on forms, reservations, etc., and by now I find it amusing. I am good at research, though, so ferreting things out is definitely in my blood. ;) I really appreciate your encouragement.

I googled my name once and was pleasantly surprised to find that there's a childrens' book about me!
PF.jpg