Plant Suggestions

DLynn

Hi,

I'm replanting my frog / catfish tank and I'm looking for a plant that gets as tall as my 20 gallon that would be a good plant for the frogs to climb and hang out in. They like hanging out in the plants on the surface, as does the Betta that lives in there. The one I have now wants to live on the surface of the tank and it's keeping the other plants from getting light.

Thanks

Ali

Aponogetons get tall fast and spread out. As a bonus, they're impossible to kill.

I have tons of crap floating loose in my 20L, jungle val, and some water sprite mainly. My elderly betta is in there and he likes being able to rest near the top.

DLynn

I like that Aponogetons. It looks like it has a few different sub species too. We have something that looks similar to the jungle val in another aquarium and it's staying short (probably due to the bad lighting in there) I was thinking of transplanting some of it. I have something similar to water sprite and I'm not too fond of it. I've found that I like it more if I wrap it around something. I may get some driftwood and wrap that stuff around the wood so I can keep it thick and anchored to the ground but it will grow as long as it needs to read the top and take over. A great plant for fry. It just needs to be in a larger tank. Do you know where I can get some of this Aponogetons locally?