Plans for Stacked 55 gallon stand?

Bob

Anyone have plans for something like this? I am sure i could draw something up. But if someone has
something they have already built and knows its stable that would be better :D

aeroman9000

Go to Aquarium Zen on64th and Roosevelt check out their brilliant and beautifully simple design for the display tanks...... they have picks on the website just not detailed, but you will get the idea.

MRTom

I tried to setup a 55 gallon rack on one of those metal racks from lowes/homedepot/costco (like the 40 reack that cory posted). Lengthwise they fit just fine, but depthwise, the rack is 24" rather than 12". So if you wanted a multi tank peninsula, you could set up one tank on either side on each level and have 4 or 6 tanks (depending on your roof) going at the same time. I have not found an equivalent 48"x12" metal rack yet.

Bob

MRTom said:
I tried to setup a 55 gallon rack on one of those metal racks from lowes/homedepot/costco (like the 40 reack that cory posted). Lengthwise they fit just fine, but depthwise, the rack is 24" rather than 12". So if you wanted a multi tank peninsula, you could set up one tank on either side on each level and have 4 or 6 tanks (depending on your roof) going at the same time. I have not found an equivalent 48"x12" metal rack yet.

I just picked up the 40 rack and some more 40s today. While at Petco the computers were down. So they gave an extra 25% off for having to wait :D $30 for 40 breeders....
I have notice the build quality on the tetra tanks are pretty horrid. Have to dig through the stack to find a good one. I looked at the same rack but in 48 inch, per shelf its only rated at 1000lbs. I think a 55 full of rock and gravel gets pretty close to that. I would be too paranoid.

Angelman said:
[youtube]vNhKPJTOBKc[/youtube]
Awesome thanks, have any extra =D
Great channel too, subscribed

MRTom

Vicmacki said:
I just picked up the 40 rack and some more 40s today. While at Petco the computers were down. So they gave an extra 25% off for having to wait :D $30 for 40 breeders....
Nice pickup! Hope the rack and tanks work out well for you!